~31~

Chapter 31: Power

Chapter Song: New Americana by Halsey

"We know very well who we are. So we hold it down. When summer starts what kind of dough have you been spending?"

~

I sat in one of the chairs as Jackson watched the three of us carefully. Matt and Scott has only been gone for about a minute and a half and I was already on edge. I couldn't bare to think about if Melissa or Scott got hurt. I started biting my nails from anxiety. I just wanted them to be okay, but that never happens in Beacon Hills.

The proof of that happened not even seconds later as a gun shot was heard in the police station. It rang through my highly sensitive ears and I stood up immediately after I heard the sound. With tears welling in my eyes I ran for the door but Jackson quickly ran in front of it and blocked the way.

I looked at him and grabbed his face with one of my hands. It seemed to send a shock through him as he jolted but only momentarily. He didn't budge or anything so I kept my hand there and pleaded with him, " Jackson, please let me through. If you're in there or care about me at all, you will let me go."

He looked at me and when I mean looked at me I mean really looked at me, I mean he inspected my whole face, every inch. His hand then reached up and grabbed my face before he gave me a curt nod and moved out of the way.

I smiled at him and said with a thankful tone, "I knew you were still you."

I then sprinted out the room and towards the sound of Melissa crying out. I really hoped she wasn't the one shot, I didn't want Scott to be hurt either but he'd heal.... Melissa didn't know that though.

I heard Mr. Stilinski yelling out for Scott, Stiles and myself from his position chained up to the wall. He must be just as scared as Melissa maybe even more because he knew that there was a possibility of 3 kids to have been shot, maybe even his own. I felt bad and wanted to reassure him but I had to check on Scott and Melissa.

I burst through the room and all heads turned towards me. Matt turned to me with a smirk but I ignored him because all my attention was on Melissa. I looked her over, from head to toe looking for any kind of injury. When I noticed she was 100 % okay, my attention turned towards the direction of where the blood was coming from and I quickly ran over there. Scott was sitting next to a bench grabbing at his abdomen. I fell to my knees beside him and grabbed his face in my hands, " Hey, you're gonna be okay."

I pushed down on the wound for a few seconds before getting pulled away from Scott as someone scoffed. I was once again in Matt's arms and I was beginning to remember his scent, it was not something I particularly liked. I wish I could forget that he was even alive.

" Oh shut up. Of course he'll be fine. You already know that." He said to me as if I was dumb. I knew but it didn't stop me from worrying about him. He was my boyfriend for fucks sake.