~5~

Chapter 5: Oh, Brother

Chapter Song: Brother by NEEDTOBREATH feat

Chapter Song: Brother by NEEDTOBREATH feat. Gavin

"Everyone needs someone beside them, shining like a lighthouse on the sea. Brother let me be your shelter, you'll never live all alone."

~
              Isabella woke up in the middle of the night with a start, feeling like she had somewhere to be right there and then. She quickly jumped out of bed and threw her on leather jacket while simultaneously running down the long staircase of her home.

She had no idea where she was going, she was just following the feeling in her gut. As she continued to run down the staircase, she felt a sharp pain ripple through her cheek, almost like something had cut it. Isabella stopped abruptly and cautiously touched her face. Her cheek was hot and wet making her eyes widen in shock.

She slowly brought her hand off of her cheek and looked down at it nervously. Her hand had a small amount of blood smeared onto it and her breath hitched in her throat at the sight of the crimson color. She had no idea what had just happened but she knew it scared her.

Last time something like this had happened to her was when...Isabella's eyes widened suddenly in fear and realization, her wound was because of Isaac. She assumed it had something to do with their jackass "father".

With this realization fresh in her mind, she flew down the stairs at a rapid pace and opened the door briskly before swiftly running out of it. As soon as Isabella ran off the porch her clothes were immediately soaked from the heavy rain falling down and she hadn't even been outside for more than a few seconds. She didn't care about how her clothes were already sticking to her body and how her hair began to curl up due to the moisture, she just needed to help her brother.

Isaac didn't know she was his sister yet, but she knew. She was willing to do anything to help him if he was in trouble, no matter if he knew or not. The wound on her face healed after a few minutes, but that didn't stop her worry. She still had a feeling that she needed to find him.

Isabella ran through the pouring rain for miles on end, not knowing when she'd stop. She didn't even really know where she was going and it was frustrating her. She continued to run with her feet hitting the ground hard and splashing more water up onto her until she reached a dark alley in the middle of town.

She had a weird feeling that this is where Isaac was. She had no idea why he would be there but she wasn't going to question it, she just needed to know he was okay.

Isabella was about to turn into the alley to search for Isaac when she saw a car next to her with the driver's side door torn off the hinges. She looked inside briefly and saw that there was a man sitting there; a dead man. She could hear no heartbeat coming from him.