~18~

Chapter 18: Favorite Jackass

Chapter Song: I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz

"I don't want to be someone who walks away so easily. I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make."

~

              "Let me get this straight...You convinced me to let you drop me off at my house last night just so you two idiots could steal a prison transport van and basically kidnap Jackson inside of it so I wouldn't freak out on you?!" I shouted at Stiles and Scott as we stood in the middle of the Beacon Hills reserve.

They had called me here as I was driving to school. Stiles had to make it seem like someone was dying which obviously no one was. I really thought someone had until they told me what had happened after they had dropped me off at my house. They weren't even planning on telling me but they claimed that Jackson wouldn't listen to them and they thought I was their only hope to get through to him about what he was. Apparently, Stiles had tried to talk to him about being the Kanima and once he found out he "had a tail" he threatened to strangle him with it which I have to say is quite funny. I wouldn't expect anything less from him though. It was Classic Jackson.. well, he wasn't that way to me.

Stiles and Scott both nodded at me with guilt and I just sighed and rubbed my temples out of annoyance, "And now you want me to go in there to talk to him because you think he'll listen to me?"

Scott shook his head aggressively, "No, we don't think he will, We know he will. You don't think I saw when you made Jackson not want to kill Danny just by saying "Don't" ? Well, I did, I was standing right behind you guys and I saw you bring him out. I didn't know if I believed you before when you said you had some sort of connection to the Kanima, but now I know you do. So that's why it has to be you, he will only listen to you. "

I looked at him shocked. You would think he would sound hurt in a way as he said this but he did it with a smile spread across his face the whole time and I could still feel the love still flowing off of him. It was in this moment, I realized that Scott knew that I had no feelings for Jackson and he didn't have any for me either but what he did know was we had a connection. I looked over to Stiles who was nodding his head in agreement alongside Scott.

I then looked over to the transport van without a word and sighed deeply to myself before walking over to van and swinging the doors open. I jumped in and then slammed the doors behind me. As soon as the doors were shut I turned around to face Jackson. He sat on a metal bench with his hands handcuffed together and he was staring down at his lap intensely. Looking at him broke my heart because he honestly looked so innocent in the moment and well... he looked like Jackson, not some crazy homicidal lizard. He hadn't looked up at me yet, I was nervous for when he would look up because I had not had a real conversation with him since I tested him on behalf of my father.