~8~

Chapter 8: Perfect Combination

Chapter Song: Kid in Love by Shawn Mendes

"I know that we just met and maybe this is dumb, but I feel like there was something from the moment that we touched."

~
      " It had a tail." Scott whispered to Isabella as they climbed up the rock wall in P.E. under Coach Finstock's watchful eye.

Actually, he wasn't really watching them. Coach was yelling at Greenberg about how much he hated himinstead of watching the two teens climbing the wall.

Scott had thought right then was the perfect time to talk about that creature that was in Isaac's house. Isabella decided to stay quiet which led to Scott speaking again as he froze on the wall and looked off into space in confusion, " I don't have a tail."

Isabella gave him a weird look and rolled her eyes playfully at him as she chuckled, " Maybe you just haven't grown it yet."

Isabella raised her eyebrows at him flirtatiously to which Scott shook his head at her and let out a huff," I'm not growing a tail. Ever."

Isabella put on a mock frown and continued to climb as she said with a whine, "Aww, come on. I think it would be hot."

Scott just glared at her which earned a chuckle from her before she began to focus back on the climbing. She was ahead of him by a few feet, so she once again stopped, waiting for him to catch up to her.

Upon noticing how Isabella stopped, Scott stopped as well and looked up at her in confusion, " Are you slowing down for me?"

Isabella smiled sweetly and shrugged her shoulders, "I was waiting for you."

"What? Waiting for me to catch up?" Scott said mockingly with a smile.

Isabella smiled and shrugged her shoulders as she tightened her grip on the small red rock she was using to hold her body weight, " You looked like you were struggling."

" Maybe I was or maybe..." Scott cocked his head to the side and smirked flirtatiously, "I was admiring the view."

Scott stretched out the last word as he leaned over to his right to get a good look at Isabella's butt.

Isabella chuckled and shook her head before smirking," Try admiring from afar."

Isabella began racing up the rock wall. She had thought that Scott was way behind her and that she had basically smoked him, but she hadn't. When she looked up, Scott was a few feet ahead of her. She didn't know how he had done it but he did. She glared in annoyance at him before racing to catch up with him. It wasn't that much of a struggle seeing as he was now the one waiting for her.