Author's Note (Sequel & Young Writers Prize)

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you all an update regarding the sequel. Bounty Hunters [ER2] is now in full swing! Although it picks up where Errand Runners left off, it is still very much a story of its own. Planning out the structure of the sequel has been a process. This one centers on Nole and Zane as two independent characters -- with more revelations about Zane since he's pretty much a mystery. Like it's predecessor, Bounty Hunters will not be a linear story. There are a lot of twists and turns and, you guessed it, cliffhangers! I hope you guys enjoy/are enjoying the sequel.

And this brings me to the Young Writers Prize. As many of you could see from the title of my book, I entered my story in Hot Key Books' Young Writers Prize. After a month, my story was selected to be in the longlist of 20 stories based on your guys' reads and votes. Thank you so, so much for giving me that opportunity. It's so exciting to be in a competition where your audience decides who qualifies to win.

Now for the update, Hot Key Books announced the shortlist of the top 5 books, and Errand Runners was selected!! I'm so ecstatic that the judges enjoyed my story. It's like I'm getting closer and closer to my dreams here. Regardless of what happens though, I'm just happy to be a part of it. It's sincerely an honor to be in a list with 4 other amazing stories written by outstandingly talented authors. Honestly, I'd be thrilled to see any of them win because they definitely deserve it.

Long story short, thank you all so much for the support you've generously shown me this past year. It's certainly been a rough one, but Wattpad has been my saving grace. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Mari