xxxiv

034. adorable

kenzie ziegler

"lol what a twat." hayden chuckled as carson falls to his butt.

"i heard that!"

"pew pew!" johnny shoots them both with his nerf gun, he then proceeded to hide and cover himself as hayden and carson fight.

"here are the cookies!" brynn comes with a jar of cookies.

mmm, yum.

carson puts his nerf gun down and walks to brynn, he wrapped her around her arm and kissed her nose. "favorite." he smirked and grabbed the jar from her hand to share with us.

"here's the drinks." lauren comes on with the orange juice.

annie and i were just sitting pretty.

"wanna watch a movie? " annie suggested as she hold the remote to the television. "eh, whatever." she clicks netflix and began browsing for some movies.

you know what, i won't be sitting pretty.

"hey, um, i'll get the blankets where are they placed, lauren?"

lauren looked at me while she munches on the cookies. "oh, just go get some at johnny's room in his cabinet."

okay, i've been there before.

as i search through the cabinet, something fell out. it was a polaroid picture.

it was him and nadia.

hey johnny, i hope you're doing well already. i love you. -nads

doing well? was he sick?

i bit my lip, i can't help but feel a little jealous. but ugh, i shouldn't be. i haven't cleared my feelings with this guy.

i put the picture back and finally focused on finding blankets.

when i came down, a movie was already playing.

i threw the blankets to them with most of them catching nicely.

i sat on the couch with the vacant space, ofcourse, beside johnny.

as the movie goes, johnny decided to play with my hair. when someone does this, it makes me feel so satisfying and sleepy.

i felt john struggle with my hair. "i'm... trying to braid your hair."

"can you even braid?" i looked back ay him.

he closed his mouth awkwardly and opened it again. "nope."

i then proceeded to lay my head on his lap, not caring about the movie. he poked my nose and i laughed softly.

"why are you so adorable?" he smirked.

i smiled at him as i felt heat creep up my neck, to my cheeks.

but then, i remembered.

"hey john?"

"hm?" he replies without looking while he brushes my hair with his hand and plays with it.

"are you... okay?"

"yes..?" he looks down at me.

"i mean like.. were you sick?"

"huh? why would you say that?" he stopped playing with my hair.

"well i.. um.. nevermind it's nothing." i brushed the topic off just like how he brushed my hair.

"aww, what is it kenzie? you can tell me."

"nothing, i was just curious on what nadia wrote."

"oh. that. i can explain!" he raised his arms as a defense. "that was ages ago, and yes i wasn't feeling well that time."

"oh..okay. i just though that it was recent and it made me panic a little."

"you're cute when you're worried."

i faced his torso and hugged him using my left arm and used my right arm to support my head and i drifted off to sleep after feeling john's hand brush through my hair again.

this boy.... will be the death of me.