xxxii

032. confessions

kenzie ziegler

“thanks maddie, i'll be back in 20.” i shut the car door before finding johnny.

now where could he be?

“hi kenzie.” a voice behind me was heard. it was johnny himself.

i hugged him tight and smiled at him. “it's late, what were you going to tell me?”

“can we walk while i talk?”

“yeah sure.” as soon as i finished the sentence, he held my hand and walked.

“okay.. i guess it was better to do this in person, so i don't put the wrong number again.” the beautiful lights glowed as the night gets darker.

he looked at me. “but all i wanted to say is. you.. you're amazing. fuck, i'm bad at this.” he scratched his neck.

“no, it's okay. continue,” i smiled.

“mackenzie frances ziegler, this is going to sound cheesy as hell, but i like you. when nadia confessed to me, i realized that. you're beautiful, kind, and everything good.” he stops as the fountain opens.

oh, gosh.

“i... d-don't know what to say.” i replied. i couldn't say i like you back, because i know i don't. i couldn't say ashton confessed to me. my feelings confuse me.

he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and smiled. “that's okay. you don't have to like me back. i know you still like ashton, and i’ll give you time to think about it.” he brought his hand to my chin, “no pressure, okay?”

i nodded.

“you're amazing, johnny.” i smiled at him as we both started walking again.

“mhm?”

“how i wish everything's simple.”

“but it's not, and that's what it makes life more beautiful.” he softly said.

i ruffled his hair, “that's poetic, john. where'd you get that from?” i laughed.

“i like when u call me john.” he smirked.

“really, john?” i smirked back, trying to tease him. i started to walk faster than him and when i looked back at him, i smiled, then i ran away.

“chase me!” i was running faster. i had an idea.

“dammit!” i heard him.

i stopped when i saw those wonderful fairy lights hanging. and we're here.

“it's beautiful, isn't it?” i looked at johnny who was exhausted and panting.

he smiled. “you too.”

i realized i was having a great time with johnny so i texted maddie to go home without me even i might walk home, that's alright. atleast i was with this cutie.

“i remember skating,” he laughs. “you were so bad.”

i slapped his shoulder, “hey! rude.”

i grabbed his hand and we walked together. plaza dates means walking together with locked hands, it's better than anything.

“i have a question.”

“go ahead.”

“why confess to me in person?”

he sighed. “even though it took me loads of courage. i wanted to say it to you in person because that's what you deserve. it makes everything more special. if you're having fun with me right now then that's a bonus.”

“and i am having fun with you!” i jumped giggly.

“i'm honored.” he jokingly replies.

johnny abruptly stops walking, “you know, it's pretty late.”

“yeah... you're right. we should go home.”

“i'll drive you home.”

i looked at him for a second, but knowing johnny he would insist. “yeah, okay.” so i just gave in.

————————

author's note

hey kiddos!! after writing this, i realized

tHIS IS A LONG ASS STORY

but fr tho, is it okay if i do 50 chap

and u guys would still read

or should i just.. make a second book, so the story goes longer?

anyways thanks for reading!!