thirteen ;

(comment telling me if you want an epilogue for after i finish writing the last chapter)

Alice was abruptly awakened, after having her shoulders shook rapidly by Michael.

"Alice, there's light! I have the weapons, let's go!" Michael yelled.

Alice took a few moments to take in what Michael was yelling. She groaned, stretching her arms out. She let out a sigh, rubbing her eyes with the palm of her hand.

"Alice! We can escape! Let's go, before those other people follow us!" Michael screamed.

Her eyes darted open, eyebrows forming into a twitch.

"D-do you have the weapons?" She asked, adrenaline pumping through her veins.

"Weapons, water, food, everything" Michael breathed out, quickly heading towards the window.

They climbed down, handling the weapons carefully.

"We should take the long way. You stay behind me" Michael whispered.

They went through valleys of trees, leaves of a bottle green colour. They were so used to being in the dark, even the slightest sight of light made them squint.

They paced themselves around the edge of the rickety fence, speeding up as they saw the sky darken.

They heard a pathetic laugh, sending them into shock.

"Hide!" Michael whisper yelled, and Alice did as she was told.

She was trying to calm herself down as she sat in the bush, out of sight, thinking of soothing memories.

"Hi Michael" the familiar, high voice spoke, making him cringe.

"Show yourself. May as well see what my killer looks like before I die, right?" He spoke.

"May as well" she cackled.

There was still light. She appeared, making Michael stand in complete and utter shock. Her hair was long, straight and black, like Lily. She had blue eyes and a light dress on, like Lily. But, she didn't look like Lily; she looked like the killer. She had deep cuts across her face, arms and legs. Her exposed skin was pale. She had blood stains all over her body. Michael cringed.

"Why do you do this to people? They haven't done anything to you! You took six of my friends lives! Six! I'm broken mentally and physically. I hope you burn in hell!" He screamed, fists clenched tightly, causing his knuckles to turn white and red.

She just laughed, disregarding everything he had just poured out to her.

"Because. I'm a serial killer, and this is how I live. I live to kill. You and your friends should have stayed away from my forest, you were warned" she spoke, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not dying without a fight" Michael spoke, mustering up the courage to even say he wanted to fight.

"Oh, is that so? Let it begin, then" she smirked, winking.

Michael wasn't very intimidated by her at all. She seemed short and weak. She probably had issues, too. Michael was hoping Alice picked up on his plan. He was praying she had broken some of the fence down, so that they could escape.

The sky darkened, and the woman let out a chuckle.

"What are we waiting for? Let's start" she spoke.

Michael dashed towards her, knife in hand.

Her eyes widened, as she ran behind a tree. Michael wasn't sure which one she was hiding behind.

He felt a tap on his back, startling him.

She was right behind him. She shoved him to the ground, kicking him as many times as she could. He kicked her with the strength he had left, causing her to fall and trip over a few plants. Thank god.

He was wondering where Alice had gone, but he was praying she would just hurry and help him.

He was so lost in his thoughts about where his last surviving friend had gone, that he forgot his killer had gotten up.

In hand, she had a knife. She taunted Michael, sliding it gently horizontally over his neck, making him swallow hard.

Michael panicked. He didn't know where Alice was, or maybe even what had happened to her.

"Any last words, Michael?" She smirked, letting out a laugh.

"Sure. Um, I hope you die a fucking painful death. You're the reason I've become physically and mentally damaged. You killed my friends, you are disgusting. You must have fucking psychological issues too. You can change, but I can tell you're too fucking stubborn to. I feel like I have no emotions anymore, because of you. All my emotions left after you killed my girlfriend. Go fuck yourself, fucking psychopath!" He yelled, making her chuckle.

"Thanks for the message. Bye Michael" she spoke, making the knife go into contact with his throat. Michael forced his eyes shut, waiting to feel pain.

He heard a gun shot go off. He thought he could feel the pain, but he didn't.

The woman who was taunting him with a knife, lay on the ground, blood dripping down her sides.

"W-what?" Michael whispered, confused.

"Michael, hurry! Let's go!" Alice yelled, running for the fence.

He quickly got up, feeling some blood trickle down his shoulders. However, he couldn't care less. They killed her. They finally killed her. Alice killed her; Alice shot their killer.

They ran out, sprinting as fast as their legs would allow them to move. They could see more and more sunlight as they ran, joy and glee filling them. For the first time in a week or so, they finally began to feel joy.

They were both exhausted, physically and mentally. They ran past the house the party was at, noticing red cups scattered everywhere. They kept on running, until they reached a familiar street, letting our whimpers of joy. They made it, they made it out alive.

"Are you both okay?!" A man asked, shocked, noticing the blood stains and painful marks on both of their figures.

"Not really" Michael spoke.

"I-I'll call an ambulance and police!" The man yelled, expression best describe as spooked out.

Michael and Alice hugged, despite the amount of pain they were feeling. They lost their friends, they were exhausted, they had bruises and deep cuts all over their miserable, weak bodies.

They attracted a small group of people.

"We made it" Alice sighed, allowing a single hot tear to roll down her cheek.

"At least we got out. At least we killed her. Now, no one else will be harmed, ever again" Michael breathed out.

Michael and Alice were traumatised. Never would they recover. They witnessed deaths, gore and pain. They faced severe physical and mental pain. Nothing could ever be as painful and hurtful as what they had gone through.

The two friends realised that they would never see their six friends, ever again. It hurt.

They heard a loud siren growing louder and louder by the second, signifying the arrival of an ambulance and police car.

We made it, we are alive, Alice thought.

+

omfg there's like only one more chapter left for this since it was a short story anyway yAY THEY ESCAPED

if you liked this story, make sure you vote, comment any feedback and add it to your library and reading lists

love you guys lots, last update will be tomorrow omfg cries

btw I'll post an epilogue if you want so comment if you want one ¿

so yeah bye, xo