two ;

"I'm not sure about this, I've been hearing weird noises the entire time we walked through the forest. Besides, haven't you heard all those stories about this place, like, how it's haunted?" Alice spoke.

"Are any of you coming, or is it just me going?" Michael huffed, ignoring Alice, while tapping his foot impatiently.

Ashton and Calum rolled their eyes simultaneously, walking over to where Michael was standing.

"Calum and I will" Ashton sighed, half smiling.

"Fine, I will as well" Sydney spoke, rushing over to her boyfriend, Michael.

"Me too" Luke said hesitantly, turning towards his girlfriend.

"Joy, do you want to as well?" He asked, intertwining their fingers together.

"I think I'll stay out here with Alice and Emma" Joy replied, worry evident through her shaky tone.

"Alright" Luke responded, before leaving a light kiss on her forehead, and walking over towards the other half of the group.

"Last chance, you three coming?" Michael asked.

"We're fine, we'll just wait by the door" Emma replied, holding onto her two friends hands tightly.

"Alright" Michael sighed.

The small group walked into the small, isolated house, while the remaining three girls huddled together to provide some heat between them.

The door creaked open, and the small group walked in.

"We'll see you three soon" Ashton spoke, smiling lightly.

"Alright" Alice mumbled.

There was a sudden rustling coming from behind the three girls, causing Joy to gape slightly. Moments after, she heard a faint laugh, coming from what seemed to be above them.

"Did you hear that?" Joy asked, startled.

"Hear what?" Emma questioned.

"That faint laugh" Joy whispered, grip tightening on the girls' hands.

"You're probably just hearing things because you're scared, it'll be alright. They'll be alright" Alice cooed.

Just as Joy began relaxing and calming down, they were all shocked when they heard an abrupt bloodcurdling scream, the tone belonging to Sydney.

The three girls rushed into the house, frantically looking around for a light, since it was dim and because nothing could be seen.

They made sure to stick together, hoping to not loose each other.

Then, they heard another laugh; the same laugh Joy heard earlier.

The girls all felt knots inside of them. They felt their stomachs churning, hearts beating rapidly and breathing becoming hitched in their throats.

The laugh began to get louder and louder.

Another yell was heard; this time, the tone belonged to Calum.

"Calum!" Alice screamed, letting go of Joy and Emma, using the wall to guide her in the direction she wanted to head in, walking in the direction the yell came from.

"Alice, come back!" Joy yelled, grip tightening on Emma, who was in utter shock.

Emma felt a tap on her back, startled because she knew it wasn't Alice, or Joy.

A light suddenly came on, two knives being thrown in the direction of the two miserable girls.

A sharp, long blade shone as the light reflected against it, going straight through Joy's hand, leaving her skin as a light pale colour.

"J-Joy" Emma stuttered, eyes widening and hot tears rolling down her flushed cheeks.

She quickly pulled it out of Joy's hand, vision blurry from the tears. Her best friend just got stabbed in the hand by god knows what.

There was an abrupt laughter, making them both shriek.

Joy was wincing in pain, watching as the blood trickled down her hand, colliding with the sleek mahogany wooden floor.

"Hey, it'll be okay, it's just a little bit of bleeding" Emma cooed, comforting Joy.

Joy didn't reply, she was in too much shock to do so.

After finally pulling the entire object out, Emma aggressively ripped the sleeve of her flannel out, tying it tightly around the wound.

"The bleeding will stop eventually. Let's go find Alice, and then the others. Okay?" Emma whispered.

"O-ok" Joy stuttered out.

The two girls tip toed across the room, trying their utter hardest to find a light of any sort.

Another bloodcurdling scream was let out.

"Alice!" A familiar voice yelled, which seemed to belong to Calum.

"Calum?!" Emma yelled.

"Emma!" Calum yelled in response.

"Follow my voice!" Emma shouted, grip around Joy tightening.

Moments later, the girls felt arms wrapping around them, causing them to scream.

"Hey, shh. Its just me, Emma" Ashton whispered.

"Ash, you're alive!" She whisper yelled, hugging onto her boyfriend as if her life depended on it.

He grabbed his phone and put the torch light on it on, gasping as he saw the blood stained on Joy's hand.

"J-Joy, what happened to you?" He stammered out.

"Wh-what happened to you?" Calum gaped, tears rolling down his cheek.

"I-I got st-stabbed with a kn-knife" Joy stammered, tears rolling down her own cheeks as well.

"By who?!" Calum yelled, furiated.

"Who ever is in this house, other than us!" Emma yelled.

Suddenly, a loud, painful yell was let out, accompanied by the sound of a whip.

A light suddenly came on, and the group of four noticed an object underneath a velvet red material.

They all took small steps towards it, gaping as they saw what was under it.

It was Luke's still body, dark marks prominent against his now pale skin.

"L-Luke... Luke!" Joy screamed, tears falling to the ground, one fist clenched, since the other was injured.

"Joy" he muttered, putting on a slight smile.

"Luke! You're alive!" Joy yelled, running a hand through his hair.

"Ye-yeah. Help me" He stammered.

Ashton took off his jumper, using the thick material to pat on the blood until the bleeding stopped.

"W-who did this to you?" Emma whispered.

"She had long black hair, she was in white clothes" Luke spoke, fear evident through his shaky voice.

"Where are the others?" Calum asked.

"I-I don't know. We all got separated. Then, I was with Michael. That was when I felt a whip to the back" he spoke.

Suddenly, a scream came from Emma, who was in the room.

Short seconds later, she abruptly landed on the ground.

+

update in the morning bc why not?

guys this is #26 in horror and #81 in short story, and it's only been up for like two days? what even?

dedication to ankleboots bc shes fab af 

thank you guys so much, love you all lots

add this to your library, keep reading, vote & comment yeah

have a good day & night,

xoxo