one ;

"Guys, it's so hot in here, can we head outside?" Michael whined.

"I second that, let's like, grab some drinks and go out the back" Ashton replied, standing up from his sitting position.

The group of eight held onto each other tightly, while shoving and pushing past waves of rowdy, drunk teenagers. They decided to stay sober, knowing it would get out of hand if even only half of them got drunk. After making it past everyone, they finally made their way into the large, expansive backyard.

"It looks so beautiful from here" Joy sighed, admiring the view.

Behind the house the large party was at, there was a long, sparkling stream, accompanied by a wide spread of forest. The way the moons light shone on the cool blue water made Calum feel mesmerised.

"I would love to walk past that stream and walk through the forest, it would be such a great adventure" Michael sighed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I second that" Luke began.

"Haven't you guys heard about those stories and rumours?" Alice spoke, shivering even thinking about what she was told about the forests that lay close to them.

"People have been down there recently and they came back alive, so I'm pretty sure it isn't haunted" Michael defended.

"And other people have also been down there recently, who were found dead, throats slit and notes stuck to them" Alice protested, raising an eyebrow.

"Can you both shut up? Alice, that was just a rumour" Sydney began, receiving a roll of the eyes from Alice.

"Why don't we head down there? We don't have to go in, but just you know, go around?" Ashton suggested.

"Okay" the group spoke simultaneously waiting for Alice to answer, too.

"Fine" she mumbled.

"Great! Let's go!" Michael cheered, smile plastered against his crimson lips.

The group nodded, following after him.

They all climbed over the fence of the house, still admiring the landscape which was now in front of them.

"Do you guys want to stop by the lake?" Calum asked.

"Sure" a few of them spoke at the same time, smiles plastered against their faces, too.

As they made a stop by the lake, Ashton decided to push Luke in, earning laughs from the group.

"Fuck! It's cold! Ashton, jesus man, don't do that!" Luke shrieked, running a hand through his hair.

"Holy shit, something tapped me!" Luke yelled, frantically turning around, trying to witness what it was.

"Relax, it was probably just the wind" Michael spoke.

"No Michael, I felt a hand touch me!" Luke yelled, louder than before, quickly hopping out of the water.

He was drenching wet, a look of fear and shock evident through his facial expression. His breath was hitched, voice trembling.

"Calm down, I'm sorry mate" Michael spoke, slapping his hand down on Luke's shoulder.

"Whatever" Luke shrugged, crossing his arms around his shoulders.

"Hey, Luke, take my cardigan" Joy spoke, running towards her boyfriend, as the group kept moving.

"It's cold, out it back on" Luke argued.

"You're drenched, I'm not that cold anyway" Joy shrugged, shoving the cardigan into his arms.

"Thanks, babe" he spoke, kissing her cheek.

The group continued to walk, hearing leaves rustle and some other peculiar noises as they went, causing a few of the girls to become alert.

They noticed a wire fence which was wrecked, a metallic smell coming from nearby.

"Yuck, what is that?" Alice shrieked, pinching her nose.

"Metal, I think" Calum spoke.

They all followed Michael, and were unaware that he had lead them into the forest, since they were too intrigued looking at the view.

"Michael, why are we in the forest?!" Emma screamed, noticing the abundance of trees surrounding them.

"What? Oh, I didn't realise" he smirked.

"Asshole. Let's turn back" Alice began.

"We're already in, might as well look around" Luke shrugged.

The rest of the group who were unsure about going further into the forest conformed and continued to follow them. Some of them could hear faint laughs, but shrugged it off. A few heard light screams and yells, but they shrugged it off as well, telling themselves that it was just nothing.

They came to a halt, noticing Michael smirking at the view in front of him.

There was a house, which looked abandoned. The windows were cracked, dark substances were stained on the brick walls, and it reeked of very unfamiliar and rather gruesome scents.

"Are you guys coming or not?" Michael questioned, narrowing his glare down on the other members of the group, who were situated far behind him.

+

chapter two is where the fun and games and all that shit begin woo

if you like the story so far, add it to your library, read as i update, vote & comment feedback pls

love you all,

xoxo