NATSU'S THINKING!?

Author's Note:

Hey! Swaghetti_123, here. I am back with the 7th chapter! I don't know if everyone saw my announcement or not, but I uploaded a schedule for this book. Well, if you did see it, I might change it a little... I am finding it hard to find time during the school week to write these chapters. So, my uploading day will always be on Mondays! I will now only upload once a week, sadly, but they will be long quality chapters.

Also, I don't know why I named this chapter that... Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new chapter of Fear of the Innocent Flame 🔥 !!💕

Lucy's POV

Since I have a permanent resident in my apartment, I needed to find where he was going to sleep. After all, there is only one bed in my small apartment. 

I look around for all the possible options. There is the couch, the floor, maybe the bathtub, or I could just share my bed with him......

Last option is a definite NO. There is no way I am going to let a boy in there!!  I thought to myself. 

The bathtub might be too uncomfortable to sleep in. Plus he is not a dog... Or is he?

As I am walking around the apartment, pondering all the options I thought of, I realized Natsu left the bathroom light on. So, in seeing it on, I walked in to turn it off. That was a big mistake cause Natsu is now considered 'dead meat' in my eyes.

"NASTU! Why is the bathroom caked in water?!" I screamed to get his attention. 

I didn't know this, but he happened to be right next to me this whole time. He actually startled me a bit. Geez, has he been following me around?

From my screaming, I think he went deaf. That made me feel really bad.

"Could you, maybe not wreck my eardrums? They are quite sensitive," Natsu said a little louder than normal. Probably due to being slightly deaf at that moment.

I huffed, I am both annoyed and upset with myself at the moment. I want to yell at him more for making a mess, but something tells me that he didn't mean to do this.

I sigh before saying, "I am sorry. I didn't know you were behind me. I thought you were still in the kitchen. Anyway, could you clean up the water everywhere? This will be considered as your first task as my errand boy~!" I made my voice high pitched as I said the last part. Kinda sounding like I am talking to a dog. Telling it to 'roll over'. He he

He nodded in response. I handed him a clean towel and verbally ran him through what he should do. After the instructions, he started to do as I had asked. What a good boy. Yep, he is now my dog, but I won't tell him that. I snicker and turn to walk away.

--------------------------------------------------

It only took Natsu about 20 minutes to clean the water mess he made in there. In that time, I decided to let him sleep on the couch. When I was really mad at him, I had considered making him sleep in the tub. Though, I am too nice to really do that.

To make his bed, I grabbed some extra blankets I had and two pillows. I took my time to wrap each layer onto the couch. It was like I was wrapping a gift for him. Well, it is a gift technically, but he will be earning it by working for me.

My masterpiece is complete and he is done cleaning the bathroom. I inspect it, of course, and it is spotless. I commend him for his fine work and I tell him 'good night'.

As I am lying in my bed, I find it extremely easy to fall asleep. I wonder why?

Natsu's POV

It is so weird sleeping with blankets. Don't get me wrong, it is way more comfortable than sleeping in the dirt, but this a new place for me. I am finding it tremendously hard to fall asleep.

Since I can't fall asleep, I let my mind wander. As I start to think, the only thing that came to mind was Lucy. She is so nice to me, but I get the feeling that she isn't telling me something.

She wouldn't tell me her last name... even though I told her mine. I shouldn't think much of it. What if it's only because she finds the name ugly like Longbottom or Butt? If I had a last name like that I wouldn't want to say it either. ( I got the first last name example from "Harry Potter". Yay, references!😆)

With that aside, I don't question her, mentally. I only just met Lucy, so I should not think like this.

After determining this, I let my thoughts take over and, again, they're about Lucy.

Is it bad I am glad I stole from her? I know it was wrong of me, but I wouldn't have met her if I hadn't. She is so forgiving and kind. I want to earn my right to stay here. I am determined to be the best errand boy possible!

This newfound determination makes me feel calmer and more tired. I haven't really grasped the fact that I am slowly falling asleep, with the thought of her.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading this chapter! Sorry, its a tad short, but I wanted something out for Y'all. ❤️❤️
Please comment and vote if you enjoyed it! Also, if you see errors in my writing, then don't be afraid to point it out! Though be nice about it...☺️

Have a great day!😊💕