Asking the Important Questions

Author's Note:

Hey, swaghetti_123 here! First off, I would like to thank all the people who gave me suggestion questions and/or commented something clever that I will use. Those amazing people are:

Chocolate5441, april544, Anime_Star_Shipper01, PageFlipper007, and KaylaAdrianse.

If I forgot someone, please comment that you made a suggestion. I will fix it and I will be really sorry.😅❤️

Just as a fair warning: some of the suggestions will be answered in later chapters. It is a little too soon for some to be answered right now, but don't worry! They will be answered. So keep on reading to find out!

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy the 6th chapter of Fear of the Innocent Flame 🔥🔥!! ❤️

Lucy's POV

As I was finishing up my delicious meal, if I do say so myself, I noticed Natsu had already finished his. He seemed to really like my meal. I am glad he did. He has also been staring at me as if he had something on his mind.

To ease the somewhat awkward silence and staring, I asked him," Um... did you enjoy your meal? Your the first person I have cooked for, in my entire life." I already knew he enjoyed it, his face was practically hitting the plate as he ate. Natsu's table manners were awful, but I didn't really mind it.

His face beamed with appreciation as he said," Yes it was! I haven't had a feast like this in years." After saying this, he still looked like he was thinking deeply about something. Natsu's gaze even fell to the empty plate in front of him, as if he was interested in it.

I began to feel worried. "Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?"

His face sprang up immediately and looked right at me. "Nothing is wrong," he started,"Its just that... Why did you help me? Shouldn't you be scared of me?"

"I helped you because you needed it. I saw how hungry and afraid you looked when I caught up to you.  At that moment, I realized why you had stolen from me. That is why.  And also, why would I fear you?"

Natsu's last question was a little strange... he seems harmless, so why would he think that?

Natsu's POV

Oh no, what would she think if I told her? Should I tell her? I was mentally panicking and scolding myself for asking that.

I was about to say something until she interrupted my thoughts, " You know, to be honest, your the least of my many fears. You only seem like a kind man.  You're also quite a gentleman for always saying 'thank you' or 'may I'. So, why don't we talk about something else?" She must have noticed how uncomfortable it was for me to answer.

I am so relieved she just changed the subject! Now, what will the topic turn to next?

----------------------------------------------

No One's POV

There was a calm silence in the room while the two thought of questions they wanted to know about each other. Lucy was the first to think of a question to ask.

"Well, to start off this questionnaire, why is your hair pink? I mean, how could you afford to buy dye for it to be that color?" Natsu's face was priceless. He had a mixture of confusion and bewilderment all written on his face.

Natsu cleared his throat, before saying, " This hair is natural to me. I was born with it, so there is no need to buy, what you call, 'dye'. Also, it's not pink, its salmon." Lucy was clearly embarrassed for asking that question. She seemed also a little confused on how someone was born with a natural salmon color for hair.

"Now, my turn," Natsu began, "My question for you is, what do you like to do for fun?" This got Lucy to become excited. She began to talk his ear off about all the books she enjoys and how she wants to publish a book of her own someday. Natsu liked seeing this side of her, being passionate about something she loves.

"Do you like to read also?" she asked him with a curious twinkle in her eye. The reaction she got from him was not the response she was expecting.

"I can't read, but I can write some." Natsu's hair covered his face, with disappointment.

His response pulled on her heartstrings. How can no one teach him something so essential? I am going to fix that, Lucy thought determinedly to herself.

" Would you like to learn?" she asked him. He nodded quickly in agreement. "Okay, I will teach you, on one... condition~!" Natsu became nervous after her announcing a condition. In the end, he decided to agree. After all, he felt like her best friend already.

Lucy smirked," You'll have to be my little errand boy~! Can you handle that?"

That's all? Natsu reflected within himself. He was ecstatic about learning this! Natsu proudly stood up and... bowed in front of her... Lucy mentally chuckled at his cute, childish actions.

Lucy decided to play along. "As for being my errand boy," Lucy said this as if she was the queen of England and Natsu was her loyal servant, "you shall do anything and everything that I decree you to do. Is that clear?"

Natsu grabbed her soft, tender hand and playfully kissed it. " Yes, my queen." (For some reason I thought of the Ugandan Knuckles meme while writing this...🤣)

During this whole childish scene, they both remained as serious as they could be. Then Lucy couldn't hold it in any longer. She began to laugh until she cried. Natsu started to join her in her laughing fit.

Whilst in the middle of them laughing, Lucy tried to be funny by asking, "On a scale of one to ten how fired up are u?" This caused the laughing Natsu to stop and think about what she asked. Lucy became flustered after realizing it was a stupid question. " I-I mean about learning t-to r-read..."

"Eh, that question sounded funnier in my head. Sorry..." she sweatdropped. Natsu chuckled at this and thought she was adorable when she got flustered.

Natsu then became dead serious. "I am probably a ten. I am really fired up. You know, to learn to read." Lucy was shocked that he actually answered her ridiculous question. She honestly is so relieved to have someone to talk to that is nice and quite chill.

"I know you told me 'thank you', but you deserve one as well, Natsu. I have really enjoyed talking to you. I seriously don't remember the last time I have had this much fun, just talking."

Lucy blushed at her own comment. Natsu, on the other hand, was beaming with happiness.

After her polite 'thank you', they worked together to clean the kitchen; since, they were done eating. Lucy was hoping for some leftovers, but... there weren't any. A certain homeless pink-head ate all the curry and rice. Though, now, he isn't hungry and lonely anymore, and he has a place that he can call 'home'.
—————————————————

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ❤️❤️
I always appreciate comments, votes, and constructive criticism. Do not be afraid to point out my mistakes! I need to know these mistakes in order to fix them.

Have a nice day!!😊