Episode 14: Return of the Bosses

There was a ringing on the phone at 3 AM in the morning. However, at this time, everyone was asleep, so the call was ignored. Soon afterward, a voice message was sent.

"Hi Lyla! Hi Eva! Guess what? We just finished over there at the southern islands! We got our pay and a raise and a promotion! So we're planning on coming back home to stay for a while! We're coming in few days so remember to greet us properly! P.S. don't trust any of those strangers that ask to stay with you. They're freeloaders and jerks and they deserve to stay on the road. Oh, and please pay the bills this month. Thank you. Bye!" and then all was silent.

TimeskipbroughttoyoubySatoshiMiyagi

"Rise and shine, Miss Lyla!" one of the maids chirped as she eased through the door. Lyla woke up startled.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to go into my room?" was Lyla's answer. The maid sighed and quickly exited the room.

Lyla groaned heavily and decided to wake her little sister up.

However, Eva was already awake getting ready for her school day. Her skirt was up to her knees and ruffled at the edges. Her shirt was plain and yellow.

Eva heard her older sister barge into her room. "Eva!" Lyla yelled. "You gotta get-" she stopped when she saw her sister already ready.

"Haven't you heard of knocking?" Eva tried to say as annoyed as she can, when she was secretly laughing at her own impression of Lyla.

"Okay," Lyla replied, smiling. She quickly got out and began her morning rush routine.

"Lyla! There's a voicemail for you!" one of the maids called out.

"Coming!" Lyla yelled before sliding down the rail. She politely grabbed the phone and listened to the mail and heard some familiar voices... she paled.

"Hey Lyla," Joshua called out. "Is something wrong?"

"You," she paused, and as Eva came down she continued, "you got to get out of here. Now." She pointed to the front door and silently ordered the servants to exit. Joshua looked a little confused as to what was going on. Lyla turned to her sister. "Eve, you got to get ready. They're coming." Eva slowly nodded and went back upstairs to fix her room.

"What?" was Joshua's response. "What is going on? Why do I have to leave?"

She didn't even look at him. "Go." He quickly grabbed his stuff and exited the room, leaving Joshua once again temporary homeless.

Lyla quickly got her stuff ready and got herself in the car and waited for Eva. Eva soon arrived and they drove off to school.

TimeskipbroughttoyoubySatoshiMiyagi

"Oh my gosh I heard. That's, that's, I'm so sorry." Lyla told the news to Dani.

"I mean, it's not that bad, I guess, but I hope that nothing happens during their stay."

"They're staying?" Dani's eyes widened. "Is this because of guilt?"

"To be honest, I have no idea," replied Lyla. "However, I don't think they'll move back out."

"I still don't get why you aren't exactly happy about this."

"Ahem, I let a stranger in and crash."

"Oh."

Lyla sighed and decided to try to move on and continue her day.

Meanwhile, with Eva...

"Guess who is coming back to town?" Eva asked Hailey and her group of "rebels". Everyone stared at each other before nodding slowly, knowing of the situation.

"When will they be back?" Hailey asked Eva.

Suddenly, Marcus rushed towards Eva and hides begin her. The "rebels" glared at him, wondering what he was doing. "Please, can you keep me away from him?" He weakly pointed at a boy Lyla's age that wore a uniform. Joshua.

"Why?" Eva asked him.

"He's threatening me to give up my room!" He pushed Eva towards Joshua. "Tell him to get out."

Joshua interjected, "Marcus, you can't hide behind her forever. And as for you Eva," he paused, glaring at Eva, "tell your sister to expect a huge debt from me." He smiled coldly. Eva stared at him weirdly before Joshua decided to leave the two of them alone.

"What was that all about?" Marcus asked.

"Uh, we kicked him out, for something..." Eva trailed off as she gestured all of her group to leave him.

Meanwhile, with Lyla...

Once again, Jose was chasing after her. Once again, Lyla was running. Once again, Dani was trying to stop Jose and Megane was sitting in the back corner enjoying lunch with Nate.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to go out with you? You're crazy!" Lyla ran even faster.

"Stop running!" Jose panted. "You're going so fast!" He tried to run faster, but he couldn't keep up with Lyla's pace.

Nate got up from his place with Megane, who was secretly holding up the victory sign behind her back. He began running towards Lyla, who was stuck in Jose's arms.

And then, someone marches into the platform. Lyla cursed softly, Megane began to laugh, an the two boys stopped and stared.

Lyla's parents were here.

"Lyla," her mom said, looking at her and her three 'companions'. Her dad didn't say a word, shaking his head softly. Lyla looked at the both of them, truly shocked. What were they doing here so early?

"Hey mom, hey dad," she said with a weak smile. Megane immediately dragged the two boys far away from the three of them.

"We decided to come back here earlier. We missed you so much, kiddo," her mom said.

Her dad opened his arms wide. "Okay come in here." Lyla quickly ran towards the two and squeezed them tightly.

"How did you guys come in here without causing a ruckus?" she asked. The two looked at each other before responding.

"Oh dear, we just used the back gates. They're usually unlocked." Lyla mentally facepalmed. Why would they do something that stupid? Unless... of course, they were this weird from the beginning, or more recently.

Lyla knew they can be a little kooky. She blamed it on their work. They are usually out for long periods of time, and when they come back they get tired, and strangely their brains stop functioning properly. I mean sometimes they don't use their common sense. Lyla decided to ignore it anyway. They are her parents and they truly cared about her.

"Well, we're just going to get our stuff right now, and bring it to the house," the mom said smiling. She began nodding off into her own world as she left the scene. Her dad kissed her on the forehead and followed after her. Oh my what was she going to do?

TumeskipbroughttoyoybySatoshiMiyagi

That day, Lyla was forced to walk around with her pushy parents along with her sister. She had to admit though, she quite missed them around. The house felt a little boring without them.

Wait, actually, that no longer was the case anymore. In fact, ever since the rich boy had entered her house, she actually didn't really notice them gone, as much as she hated to admit it. She had gotten used to her current situation.

"So how long are you staying?" She asked her parents.

"Only for a week," said her father, kissing her forehead. "And then we gotta go back. The outside is calling out to us once again. I wish we could stay here permanently though." Her mother nodded in agreement.

Oh my, wasn't this going to be a little complicated when she explains this situation to her sister. Ehehe...