Episode 6: Strangers in the House

Lyla was dreaming about Cotton Candy Land. Her sister Eva was giggling and kept on saying "Bubbles!" as she played with the cotton candy.

She turned around and found Dani standing playing with a little cute girl with pigtails. She made a cotton candy angel. "Hey Lyla!" she called out. The girl laughed and dived in head first, eating the candy.

"Hey Lyla," a familiar voice called out. A figure approached her quickly. When he was close enough, she recognized the face. It was Nate.

"Nate!" she smiled as she answered and ran over to his side. She tripped on a peppermint, falling into his arms. She never felt so secure before. "Oh Nate," she whispered happily.

"You look so hot Lyla," he said with a wink. The two embraced tightly before pulling into a sweet kiss. "I love you," he murmured.

Lyla didn't know what to say, except "I love you too," before getting pulled back in for another kiss. "I love you Nate. I love you," she repeated over and over again. More sweet whispers. More sweet kisses.

"I knew it!" Dani, Eva, and the girl in pigtails said in unison. Dani continued. "But seriously, you two get a room!"

Lyla woke up feeling disappointed that she wasn't in Nate's arms. But oh well, she could only hope. At least it was a Saturday morning. A perfect day to do absolutely nothing. She looked at the time. 10:30. She had woken up very early compared to her other Saturdays. She lay back in bed, doing nothing but reading fanfiction. Eva then bursted into her room.

"Onee-san! Someone's here!" Eva yelled.

"What have I told you about barging in here and about people at the door?" was her answer.

"But what if it's Mommy? or Daddy?" Eva asked.

Lyla sighed as she shooed her sister, then got on her house clothes. So much for doing nothing...

"Who is it?" she moaned when she opened the door. It was a boy her age, followed by two men.

"Well, I must say, this is the worst welcome I've had yet," he replied in a slight British accent. "Not dressed, not washed, not in the least presentable. Do you always look like this when you answer your door?"

"Hmm, well in this time of day, today, on Saturdays, this is pretty much what I look like. Do you want to come in?"

"Are your parents here? There is something I want to discuss with them."

"Um, no, not at the moment." Lyla looked at the boy for a bit. "Why?"

"Well, it seems as if we have a bit of a problem."

"Well, you can discuss it with me- soon as I get dressed properly. Hold on a sec," Lyla requested, closing the door and running back upstairs to change. The boy, partially disturbed, waited outside patiently for her to return.

"Okay, come in," Lyla said, opening the door wide enough for everyone to enter the house. "Eva! We have some guests coming over!" she yelled for her to hear.

Eva gave no answer but she heard tiny little feet coming down the steps. The small girl appeared at Lyla's side, or more behind her, showing a little bit of anxiety.

"Okay, so what are we discussing here?" Lyla asked.

He answered simply in a slow manner. "You see, we were wondering if you could house some extra people."

"Wait what?" Lyla responded.

"You see, my family is quite a large one, and some of my relatives have come to visit the mansion. So I was hoping if I could stay with you until further notice."