Episode 2: Kissing the Enemy

"Hey Lyla!" Dani yelled as she attempted to jump on top of her.

"Dani!" Lyla coughed. She couldn't breathe.

"Oh sorry! Did I choke you?"

"Yep," she replied. "Don't do that please, once more might suffocate me."

Dani giggled before they started strolling down to the school. This happened every morning. So Eva got used to it.

"Onee-san!" Eva called. "You almost forgot about me!"

"Oh! I'm sorry Eva! Hurry and catch up!"

The little girl started running over to Lyla's side, and then they continued their walk to school.

TimeskipbroughttoyoubySatoshiMiyagi

When they got there...

"Oh god... we're too late," Dani whispered in awe. Everyone was everywhere. It must be transition period. "Uhh Lyla, I'll come up with an excuse for you in class; just bring your sister to her class."

"Yep, already on it," Lyla groaned as she dragged Eva with her to her 3rd grade class.

By the time she came back, everyone was staring at her. Well, it did make sense, she was late. Lyla slowly tiptoed to her seat. "You're tardy again Ms. Lyla," he grumbled as the rest of the class giggled a bit. So mature, she thought.

A note flew over to Lyla. How could no one notice it?! She decided to open it when she realized that that was a mistake.

Dearest Lyla, (uh oh that can't be good.)

I was hoping that you would come by to the garden furthest away from the cafeteria. There is something that I need to talk to you about. It's something regarding my confession. Of course, if you choose not to, I will find you and we will have our discussion elsewhere, where no one can hear you.

Sincerely,

Jose

Jose. It just had to be that guy. Jose had liked Lyla ever since she could remember, but he kinda has an obsession with her, to the extent of stalking every night, and nearly kidnapping her once. She disliked him a lot, to the point of running in disgust and fear. Guess she'll have to do it though, Lyla didn't want to risk getting kidnapped again.

TimeskipbroughttoyoubySatoshiMiyagi

"Hey Lyla!" Dani called. She was dragging Nate's shirt with her. "Guess what? I found Nate!"

"Hi Nate!" Lyla replied with a fake forced smile. "Dani, can I talk to you for a sec?" she whispered to Dani when she got close. "In private?"

"Okay, what is it?" she asked before Lyla told Nate to "go away".

"Dude, what is wrong with you? Why would you invite him here?"

"I thought you liked him..."

"But I can't talk to him!"

"You're right. You can't." A girl suddenly appeared. "Hello there Lyla," she sneered.

"What do you want, Megane?" Lyla hissed back. Megane and Lyla had been enemies and fought about everything.

"Stop stealing my boyfriend," she responded. Oh yeah, did I mention that Megane stole everything Lyla wanted?

"Who's boyfriend?" Lyla jeered. "You don't even like him."

"Okay, what's going on?" Nate butted in. "I overheard your conversation. And I don't recall having Megane as a girlfriend."

Megane scoffed at him and walked away. Lyla looked at him, her face red from embarrassment. He actually heard all of that? "Sorry about that. This is normal between the two of us."

"It's okay," he replied with a smile. "Besides, there's only one girl I'd go out with, and it's not her."

Lyla smiled back, but she was a little disappointed. He probably doesn't want to go out with her, even though she knew she might have a chance. "Don't worry," she reassured. "I'll be there for you when it happens."

Nate's smile faded. Was it something she said? "Yeah, okay." He left afterwards.

"Man, you turned him down!" Dani said disapprovingly. "He looked into you!"

"Yeah, not by a long shot," Lyla replied. "Oh no! I gotta go, someone's calling for me in the garden!"

"Okay, see you!" Dani called. Lyla ran past the corridor outside the building, and into the garden.

"You're late," someone called.

Josh peered from behind the trees. "I was waiting for you, but I was getting impatient, and you know what happens afterwards."

Lyla gulped. She did. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Why did you reject me?" he asked. Lyla gulped again. How is she supposed to answer that?

"I like someone else. And you sorta creep me out. I mean, you did almost kidnap me once."

He looked at her in question. "But, I love you."

"Uh, I gotta go." She gulped again and before she was about to leave, he stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"You can't leave me. We haven't finished our conversation."

"I think we have." Lyla shook his hand out before running away. But he chased after her.

"Stop! What are you doing?!" He hissed as he ran after her. He nearly grabbed her when she swiftly moved her arm out of the way. "Why don't you love me? Please tell me! Stop acting unreasonable!"

"Please don't touch me! I told you, you creep me out!" she screamed. Lyla was almost back to society when Jose roughly pushed her down.

"Don't. Leave. Me. Please."

He's gonna do it! He's gonna freakin do it! Someone help me! Lyla thought. Just when he was gonna come down to the ground and well that, someone came and interfered, but it was someone she'd last wanted to save her.

"What the hell are you doing on the ground you little b*tch?" Megane sneered with a smirk. "Hahaha! Wow Jose! I can't believe you'd actually swoop down to her level!" She bursted out laughing, which pissed off both Lyla and Jose.

"Oh shut up Megane!" Lyla screamed. "Do you really think this is because I wanted it?! Oh my god you little $&@%!"

"Get away from her," Jose growled but the girls ignored him.

"Oh, I see, you wanna go at it?" Megane screamed.

"Oh bring it on!" Lyla screeched. She quickly pushed Jose out of the way and tackled Megane down to the ground. They wrestled for a bit, leaving Jose in the dust. He wanted for them to stop, but they looked like... well, let's leave that to Jose's imagination.

When Nate saw them practically beating each other senselessly, he managed to butt in. Jose was just watching the three of them, pale. "Uh, what are you two doing?" he asked. They froze, turning as pale as Jose.

"Uhhh, Nate, it isn't what you think!" Lyla stuttered when she lost her balance and landed on too of Megane crashing her lips onto Megane's. Everyone turned ghostly white then.

When they got out of their trance, Megane slightly blushed, and so did Lyla. They couldn't say another word to each other so they walked away awkwardly. "That was supposed to be my kiss," Jose whimpered.

Nate didn't expect that. Well, then again, when he found them, Lyla was basically on top of her, winning the fight. But how did she lose her balance? May he never know.

TimeskipbroughttoyoubySatoshiMiyagi

"Hey Lyla!" Dani called out, waving her hands. She had a big smile on her face. "So what happened?"

"Uh, I'd rather not talk about it," Lyla groaned. Not about... that.

Not about her first kiss.