28 A New Day

Bastian

Lola's eye's are dark as she dabs hydrogen peroxide on the smaller cuts I have. The tray next to me on the desk is filled with blood-soaked cotton balls. I blink lazily at her, watching her concentrate on a particularly nasty gash in my left bicep from where some bastard had dragged me through the dirt and gravel. She bites her lip, then her eyes dart to mine. She only holds my gaze for a second before she looks back down at my wounds.

We have been playing this game for a half-hour already. She peeks at us, then goes back to work cleaning my battered body. I, meanwhile, am staring at her without blinking. My wolf is strutting, preening for his mate, proud to have defeated his alpha and our enemies. Exultant to be wearing her Mark on us. Swearing our allegiance to Ryker did not even make a dent in our triumph. I would think about that later, but, for now, all I can focus on is Lola.

She moves in between my legs to work on my chest and I take the opportunity to cup her hips in my hands. I slide my hands under her shirt. She's only wearing a clean, bright green scrubs top and her slightly torn underwear. Her long, sexy legs are bare. My thumbs start to trace circles on her bare skin. She catches her breath, a tiny frown creases her forehead and those perfect white teeth bite her lip again.

"I'm sorry I hurt you, pussy," I murmur to her.

Her fingers pause, eyes darting to me in surprise. She offers me a shaky smile. "You didn't hurt me, Bastian."

"I did," I proclaim. Dusky marks mingle with bright red chafing all over her skin. It's as if I devoured her, inside and out. I run my fingers gently over particularly dark bruises on her hips. My fingers fit perfectly into the purple marks.

"I told you I like it, didn't I?" she whispers.

I frown, blinking away the woozy exhaustion threatening to topple me. "No?" I try to get a bearing on her thoughts, but her mind is skittering around, her emotions high from the last day. She tired, too, my poor pussydoll.

"It's... real," she tries to explain, "it makes me feel as if you are letting everyone know that 'you wuz here.'" She grins.

I let out a weak chuckle at her joke before it sinks in, why she would feel that way. "My father," I seethe.

She shivers. I don't know if she's upset that he's dead or upset for me. I can't puzzle it out right now. I'm just glad he's dead and Lola is here with me.

I turn my face and kiss her palm. Lola sends the thought through the bond, my father always hid her away. She was his dirty secret.

"I was always so ashamed, Bastian," she says out loud. "I'm... proud to be yours. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah, pussy, it does," I say hoarsely. My eyes close. I slant my mouth over hers.

"Down, boy," Ryker says to me, sarcastically.

I pull back, eyes opening, and smirk as Lola blushes. I have had a raging hard-on since we woke up this morning in the medical clinic with two destroyed cots in a sea of cotton stuffing and ripped fabric.

We only slept for maybe an hour in there before Ryker was calling us to his office. The bastard laughed in my ear when I told him to send a crew to clean up the mess in the clinic.

Despite my erection, I am probably too fucking tired to act on it. Ryker and I fought through the day, into the night, and only stopped when my wolf decided to find his mate and lay his claim all over her.

After the major battle at the town Green came several smaller, but no less important, skirmishes. Wolves had to be put in their place. Several members of my own pack had protested the change, violently. We met their aggression with our own. We even had a small excursion of Mountain wolves testing our defenses. We sent them home with their tails between their legs.