20 Dark Promises

Lola

Bastian is ripping apart my closet.

We came home early in the morning, before the sun came up. Dazed and hurting from everything Alpha Ryker and Bastian made me confess, it was a very unpleasant surprise that we could scent Alpha had been my room. He was looking for me last night. I wasn't here, obviously, and I think that Alpha Ryker has broken the Command Alpha Roland placed over me... at least a little. I have no ability to think beyond that fact. I'm just too tired.

Still, the thought that Alpha was in my room make me lose it. I thought I was feeling better after the short nap at Alpha Ryker's office, but this scent sends me spiraling right back down the rabbit hole of fear.

Before I can really start to panic, Bastian's weird actions distract me from my hysteria.

So I just sit on my bed watching my mate dismantle my room piece by piece.

"What are you doing?" I ask him in a croak.

His dark blue eyes flash to me. "What did he buy you, baby?"

I sniffle. I know instantly what he means. "That drawer," I point.

He rips it right out of the dresser and upends it. Frilly, frothy lace and silk tumble out. Bastian kneels down and picks up a handful. I can hear his wolf's low rumbles of discontent from here.

Tears start leaking out of my eyes again. You would think I'd be all done with crying, but apparently my body can make more liquid, somehow.

"He dressed you in this shit? Lola?" Bastain snaps at me when I just shake my head mutely at him.

"I'll fucking kill him, Lola. I can promise you that. He won't get away with this."

I shiver at his dark promise. My wolf is fully onboard with her mate, surprising considering her allegiance to Alpha. Maybe it was the Orders that had her confused. After all, Alpha Orders are supposed to be used to protect wolves and keep the pack safe. She must have been confused for all these years and now she's free.

Free.

I choke back on my sobs at the thought. I'm free of the Alpha's Orders. For now.

A tiny piece of yellow material hangs in Bastian's clawed fingertips. I sigh. That's my favorite bikini. It's like sunshine. It's not something that Alpha bought for me, either. I shoved it in that drawer because Alpha had seen me in it and told me how sexy it looked on me. I never wore it again.

Bastian turns, his eyes focused on me with an intensity he's never shown before. "What?" he looks at the bikini. "You fucking like this, baby?"

I shake my head.

"I'll buy you three more," he snarls. Suddenly, he's crawling over me, knocking me backward onto the bed with a low growl.

"You're my sweet little pussy, Lola," he murmurs. "Did he call you that? A sweet little pussy?"

"N-no. H-his girl. His good girl," I whisper. "He-he called me his sweet Lola, n-not pussy." I can feel my body heat, both from the dirty words, my confusion, and Bastian's warmth covering me.

"Because he doesn't know. He doesn't understand how perfect it is. He doesn't appreciate the gift he stole." Bastian kisses me with a brief, hard meeting of our lips. "He doesn't understand what my pussy needs, what she craves. Bet he never got her off, did he?" Strong fingers stroke my thighs, moving closer and closer to my actual... pussy.

I blink up at Bastian. He's gone loony. I think I broke him.

"Did he, pussy? Did that rat bastard make her feel good?"