Part 27

Zayn was happy when Saturday night arrived. Because twenty four hours earlier, he had been trying to get his thoughts together, trying to figure out what to do as far as it went for Sydney. He was so conflicted because he had made the decision not to tell Harry what happened but he wasn't sure if he was making the right choice or not. Was it good to hide it?

However, though he wanted to keep a secret, it didn't mean the guilt didn't fill his mind every waking hour. He felt horrible for what happened and he blamed himself. The day he called her to the restaurant, he should have told her exactly how he felt. He should have told her the truth when she asked his real reason for calling her there. But he didn't.

Instead, he found himself stealing one of Niall's ideas and writing Harry the best love note he could possibly think of. This was for Harry. But it was for himself too. He thought maybe he could mask the guilt and this could be something to remind him that Harry was still his and that Harry still loved him in return no matter what happened; no matter what he did...

By the time he arrived at Harry's, Anne had already left about ten minutes ago. It was a little after six o'clock and Zayn was standing in the kitchen with his black duffle bag draped over his shoulder. His gift for Harry was wrapped and in his hands and the note was sitting on top. He couldn't wait to give it to him.

Harry heard Zayn come in through the door and he came into the kitchen to meet him. Zayn could not stop smiling when he saw what he had on. It was a t-shirt with a picture of a bunny with big watery eyes. It was just so cute on him and it was so like him to choose to wear it at all.

"I have something for you." He handed Harry the the gift.

"Hmm I wonder what this is." Harry said. "But I'll be patient and torture you by opening it later. Why'd you bring a gift anyway?"

"Because Liam is out with Niall tonight and Peter is with your mom. I just thought you and I should be able to have something good too. And what better way to start with a gift?"

"But the difference is we have a seven year old with us and they don't."

"We can still make it work."

Harry chuckled and traced the edges of the gift. "I suppose so. But I don't like the idea of getting a gift before a kiss. So kiss me."

He puckered his lips so Zayn sat the duffle bag down and kissed him.

"Ew. No. I don't wanna see that." They heard, and they turned to see Gemma folding her arms at them as if she were their mother.

Harry rolled his eyes. "And you wouldn't have seen it if you you didn't come in here trying to be nosy. Go watch your movie."

She huffed but left anyway. And not before giving them a warning glare.

"Mom gave me money to order pizza. So I guess that'll be dinner. We're going to be watching two movies, both Gemma's choice and one is already on. So basically it's going to be boring. Let's see... Oh, and um, Gemma still hasn't stopped begging to sleep with mom so mom is finally letting her sleep in her room tonight. So that means if we're going to stay downstairs past her bedtime, we have to be really quiet. And I know it's all kinda lame, but is that okay with you?"

"Sure."

"So you don't mind watching kiddie movies with Gemma all night?

"Do I really have a choice?"

"No."

"Alright then."

Harry left the kitchen and and Zayn followed behind him. They took a seat on the couch, cuddled and watched the first movie together.