Part 5

Harry didn't exactly call at midnight but it was pretty darn close.

"Sorry it's so late. I wanted to call earlier." He said into the phone.

Zayn looked at the clock and saw that it read 11:40. "No its okay. I wasn't doing anything anyway."

"So you're not up drawing?"

"No."

"Oh."

The line was awkwardly quietly and Zayn began to grow uncomfortable.

"Oh, yeah..." Harry said nervously into the phone almost as if he forgot he was even speaking. "I called because-- well I don't know."

Zayn raised his brow and wished Harry could see the confusion on his face so he would realize he didn't have the patience to wait on him all night.

"Do you like pizza?"

"What?" Zayn asked. Harry waited that long just to ask him if he liked pizza?

"I... thought it was a simple question."

"Yeah. It was simple. And sure, I like pizza. But why are you asking?"

"Well, you know I went to see Peter earlier after we left the park. And he has this friend Michael that I've only met once. He owns the little pizza shop down the street. But he's closing the shop for the day tomorrow to have a little get together and he invited Peter and told him he could invite two friends. He invited me and my mom but she can't go because she has to work. So... I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come?"

"I'm not into parties. I don't think so."

"Its not a party Zayn." Harry said dryly. "Its just friends hanging together and eating food while they listen to music in a decorated venue."

"That's still a party." Zayn laughed at Harry's attempt.

"Let's not call it a party then. Let's call it a fiesta."

"No because saying it in Spanish is worse."

Harry groaned but he wanted Zayn to hear his frustration. "Come on." He whined. "I don't want to go alone. If you don't go, It'll just be me and that will be boring."

Zayn was quiet. "Don't you have anyone else who would really want to go?"

"No." He answered sadly. "I don't know anyone else who can go with me. That's why I'm asking you. So please." He dragged out.

Zayn felt uneasy with those words that came through his receiver. Harry was at it again. Making him feel guilty about turning his invitation down. But here he was allowing them to persuade him into changing his mind.

"Okay. I guess I'll go. But I will not be dancing or mingling. So don't expect me to."

"Whatever. I'm not dancing either. I'm just glad you're coming!" He said excitedly. "Do you think you can you meet me at the corner at five o'clock tomorrow?"

Zayn nodded as if Harry could see. "That's fine with me. I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Great! Thank you. I'd hug you right now if I were there."

It was too late at night, so Zayn was too tired to share in his excitement, even to fake it. "You're welcome. Does this mean I can go to sleep now?" He said those words as nicely as he could.

"Yeah. It does. Sorry I kept you waiting. Goodnight?"

"Yes, goodnight."

→→→→→→

It wasn't until Zayn was already walking with Harry that he realized he was going to have to walk the busy street again with everyone else like last time. Once again, he was still asking himself why he allowed himself to say yes. Not that he never went out, but he did stay couped up inside whenever he wasn't at school or with his mother. He kind of forgot what it was like to go out and run into a stranger. That is, until he met Harry and was reminded all over again how scary it was having to guess what the consequences of trying something new would be.