Part 10

Tuesday was lying a bit in the unknown for Zayn. He had awaken, got himself cleaned up and dressed to go see Harry but for some reason, he wasn't sure that he was invited today. After the way things had happened last time, his face might be the last face Harry wanted to see. Sure he did admit to himself that he liked him when he went home. But that wasn't the same. For all Harry knew, Zayn could be regretting his friendship with him and angry for almost kissing him.

But Zayn didn't regret it, nor was he angry. And he didn't want Harry to think those things either. So despite not knowing the sort of reaction he was  going to get, he shimmied himself through the fence into Harry's backyard and knocked on his back door. He had to knock twice before the door opened. He was surprised to see Gemma.

"I thought Harry said not to open the door, Gemma." He stepped inside behind her and closed the door, locking it.

"I know but he didn't hear you knocking."

"He didn't? Where is he?"

"Upstairs. He's sad though."

Zayn's heart beat fast. "Sad?"

"And crying too."

Oh no.

"Harry's crying? Can I...  see him?"

She nodded. "He's in his room."

Nervously, Zayn trudged up the stairs to Harry's room. When he reached the door, it was locked so he lightly knocked.

"Gemma, I'm not going to tell you again to leave me alone."

"I'm not Gemma, Harry."

There was a silence.

"Zayn?"

"Yeah it's me. I just wanted to see if you were alright? I was a bit worried because Gemma said... Well, I just wanted to know. Sorry if I'm bothering you."

There was no reply and Zayn was just standing outside his door. He was about to leave when the door opened and revealed Harry standing there with his hair all messy and unkept.

"You're here?"

"Yeah. Um... It's Tuesday. So..."

Harry backed out of the way to let him in and when Zayn came all the way in, he closed the door behind him. At the foot of the bed, was Cocoa. She lifted her head to acknowledge him but she didn't want to get up.

Harry had sat down on his bed but Zayn was just standing in the corner with his arms folded and looking at him.

"So..."

He shrugged. "So?"

"I heard you were... Gemma said you were... sad about something."

Harry scoffed and got under the covers. "Well, she was wrong."

"She was?"

"Yes."

But that answer came out so quickly that Zayn knew he was lying. "So is that why you're crying?"

"I'm not crying. My eyes water when I'm sleepy."

"Of course."

But Harry frowned up at him. "Zayn, why you here today?"

"Because it's Tuesday."

But Harry turned away from him.

"Alright then. Fine. I'll just leave you alone." Zayn told him. And he came over and patted Cocoa's head before exiting the room.

When he came back downstairs, Gemma was lying in the middle of the floor, watching a kids show.

"Did you talk to Harry?" She asked.