Part 12

Zayn had been rubbing his nose against Harry's ear and his neck, trying to get him to stop working. Harry thought it was cute but it was also very distracting since he was trying to type a paper on his new laptop which his mother surprised him with two weeks ago as a late back to school gift.

"Zayn." He giggled and playfully pushed Zayn away from him. "I think I hear Gemma. Don't."

But he pouted. "School is over for the day everywhere else in the city. Why are you still working?"

"I told you already. I woke up late and I want to have this finished by Friday."

"It's Wednesday."

"Yes, but I don't want to work all night tomorrow. I have to edit this and everything. So I figured I'll have today to type, tomorrow to edit and then Friday is due day."

Zayn frowned. "So I have to sit here until you finish then."

"Yep. Sorry. Or you could go spend some time with Gemma if you want. You know she loves you."

He stood up and held his arms out with a chuckle. "Maybe I will. Because then at least it's someone who will enjoy my attention."

Harry didn't take his eyes from the computer screen. "I wish I could feel bad but I don't. Have fun on your play date."

When Zayn saw him smirking at the screen, he decided he wouldn't let him get away with it. So just as he began tying again, he leaned down and planted a rough kiss on Harry's lips.

"Zayn!" Harry said as he pulled away and ran out the door. "Quit it! You're distracting me!"

But Zayn just laughed as he reached the top of the stairs. "That's for lying and saying you heard Gemma."

"Actually, the joke is on you! Because I just got a kiss!"

That statement made Zayn stop midway down the stairs and he face palmed. He'd just realized Harry was right.

.

.

.

Later that night, Zayn just lay in bed thinking about Harry. It had now been nearly two months since he first kissed him and told him how he felt. He totally disregarded his promise of never dating anyone else after Sydney. It was officially a promise he didn't keep to himself. But now that time had passed, he was starting to feel it was a good thing. Because he felt that they might be good for each other.

Only time would be able to tell that for sure. Just as he closed his eyes and turned over to go to sleep, he heard the text tone on his phone. So he opened his eyes and reached for the phone on his dresser. It was a text from Harry.

H- I can't sleep :'(

Zayn typed a reply.

Z- Why not?

H- I just can't.

He didn't really know where to go with that.

Z- Okay.

H- What are you doing?

Z- Trying to sleep. ;)

H- :/ Sorry.

Z- No it's okay. What?

H- Can you come out?

Zayn raised his brow and sat up.

Z- What do you mean come out? Where are you?

H- Outside.

Z- Outside where?