Part 15

Niall had been quite the busy body this school year. It was supposed to be a good thing for Zayn that he was now going to school with him. But he found that they really did not talk much. He rarely saw him in the hallway and even then, they did not have time to stop and hold a conversation. The only time he ever saw Niall was at lunch time when he came to see him in the library. But most times Niall didn't bring lunch so he ate in the cafeteria.

However, when the new semester started, Niall began to make a habit of bringing his own lunch and coming to the library. Zayn didn't ask, but he really did wonder if there was a reason. There had to be a reason for him wanting to sit and eat with him. Especially if it was this sudden.

The whole purpose of Zayn going outside to eat whenever he brought lunch was that food and drink was not allowed in the Library unless there was some big special event being held in there. But thanks to the sweet Librarian, Mrs. Shaw, Zayn was able to eat in a little room inside the Library, where they usually used stencil machines to cut paper to tack to the bulletin boards at the school. She was skeptical about having Niall join. But the only reason she'd let Zayn in was because of everything that had happened to him in the years before. She figured it might be good to allow him a friend. Maybe things might even look up for him as far as his social group went.

"So..." Niall said as he enjoyed his lunch next to Zayn in the little room. "Can you believe that after a semester, I'm finally eating with you in the Library?"

"Not really. But I'll be back outside when it gets warm again. Maybe you can come out there with me too."

"Um.. Yeah, That sounds cool."

"So anyway, how's Harry?" Niall asked.

Niall had not known that Zayn was dating Harry until he saw the hickeys that day and asked. But now that Zayn was really thinking about it, it was after that when Niall started coming around more often. Maybe it was because he felt bad about everyone pointing the marks out that day.

"You should see for yourself."

"And how am I gonna do that?"

"Simple. Come over this afternoon."

"Really? I've never been over to your place before."

"Then you should definitely take the invite. Plus I know you haven't seen Harry and Gemma in forever."

"Yeah true. I might. But only if you promise not to make me a third wheel."

He thought for a moment. "I can promise you. But I can't say that my boyfriend will."

Niall frowned and took a bite of his sandwich. "Ugh. Lovers."

.

.

.

Zayn was sitting in math class, trying to do the assignment when he heard Liam call the teacher's name.

"Mr. Nigel. I need help. This shit looks like a foreign language to me."

The class laughed at him. They thought was funny that he wasn't afraid to curse in front of the teacher. But Zayn still didn't find it funny. He thought the teacher would get angry at Liam. But Liam did it all the time and Mr. Nigel thought it was because something was wrong with him. He feared that if he scolded him for it, Liam would one day leave and never come back.

"Please try not to curse in my classroom." he said as he made his way over to Liam's desk.

The students' attention went back to their own work, trying to figure out the angles of right triangles and their hypotenuse. Sometimes Zayn got a little stumped by it. But he understood it and rarely asked for help.