chapter 8

My heart was beating quickly, my palms was sweating. Adrian.

What is Adrian doing here ?? What did he come here for ? Did he come to tell me someing ?? How did he know where I was?

"Adrian." my voice was weak like my legs.

I couldn't walk. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move.

"Sophia?" I stared deep into his blue eyes I missed so much but could only dream about.

"Yeah?" I answered, still staring at him with disbelief

He hasn't changed much. Just his clothes and he's gotten a little taller too.

"Okay, I'm going to leave you youngsters alone." and grandma left. Leaving me. With the love of my life.

We were silent. It felt a little awkward.

Come on Sophia your not weak anymore, your strong. You can do this.

I found my ability to walk and made my way torwards the side of the porch and sat on the swing . Staring into the woods. Watching the night sky

"Wow. Sophia you look-"

"How did you know I was here?" I needed to be strong. If Corey thought he could take the one thing anyway from me than his wrong.

"Well, the night of the party, I followed you after Corey was asking for you. I didn't know why but I felt like I had to." he stared at a brown box he had in his hand.

I don't have nightmares like I used to anymore. So whenever someone bring that night up, it doesn't effect me.

"And then you lead me to this place and I watched you get inside the house. I needed to know that you were safe." he looked up at me and then looked back down to the floor.

He looked to the side and he noticed my scarred arm. "What's that on you arm?"

I felt ashamed. I wanted to hide it from him, but I decided I have nothing to hide anymore. All my right to live was taken from me along with my innocence.

"Why would you do this to yourself?"

I was silent. His voice was unhappy "Why-"

"Because they hurt me. Because for the last 16 years I've spend were hell for me. While your all buddy buddy with Corey and having fun and enjoying your life, I was getting abused at home and school."

I can feel my tear coming out but I needed to say strong. I'm not weak anymore, I can do this.

"I was on the edge of losing everything, including my life. I thought everyday of my life they wake up one morning and say they're sorry and just love me like a family should."

Adrian stayed silent.

"But they didn't love me, nor did they apologize for destroying my morals to live like a normal child. And just when things couldn't get worse, I was taken like some rag doll."

"They took me. And I called your name, so many times to save me. But you never came."

"Do you know what it's like it get fucked by people you don't love? Chanting, hoping, and preying that it was just a dream. Holding on to the one thing that kept you going and to have it taken away from you like it was nothing. Like you were nothing."

I snapped my fingers. My leg was shaking. I wasn't sorry for myself. I was angry.

Angry that I couldn't defend myself. Angry that noone heard my cries. I was angry at the fact that he didn't know, who they are. . . his friends, his closest friends at that.