chapter 7

I woke up today, and I realized that I wanted to express the way I see things. I woke up with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.

"Wake up birthday girl!" My grandma stood by my new king sized bed with a tray full of food.

"Happy birthday!" She gave me a warm smil that melted my black heart.

"Thank you grandma." I took the tray of food from her. She cooked my favorites, chocolate chip pancakes, sunny side up eggs, and harsh browns with caramel coffee.

I gulped down all of my coffee. "Grandma your the best, thank you."

"I do this because I love you." She slips me an envelope in my hand.

"Go ahead, open it." She smiled at me.

I was a little excited my first birthday present ever. I opened it and there's a cardz

A creditcard, with my name on it with a letter. I stare at my grandma. The letter stated I have half a million dollars in my account plus the 18 thousand I had before.

"Ooh my god . . . Grandma." I stare at her in amazment.

" I know, I know; I went over board but, I've been saving. And wanted to make sure that you'll be covered just in case I'm not around anymore."

I hugged my grandmother with tears in my eyes. "Thank you so much grandma, I love you so much."

"I know, sweetheart. I know. I love you too with all my heart. Now come on , get dressed." She got up and leaving me with my delicious breakfast.

"To change that hair of yours." My grandma was crazy.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

After I finished eat my breakfast, she took me to the hair salon and told me to do what ever I'd like with it.

So I dyed my hair jet black with red tips at the end.

At first I thought to myself, this is crazy. I wouldn't look good, I guess I've been doubting myself way too long.

When I looked at myself in the mirror, I never felt so great and looked so good in my life. I felt alive for the first time.

"You look beatuiful sweetheart, now come on we have places to store, people to see, and cash to burn out." She payed the hair stylist and dragged me out the chair.

" But grandma, I can't pay for all this. " She began to laugh at me.

"It's your birthday, why would you pay for anything and besides that credit card is for EMERGENCIES ONLY!" She gave me a smile and we went into a tattoo shop.

I went and got my tattoo. The first one was a tribal sun right in the middle of my lower back right between my unknown back dimples. The second one was a dandelion on my right shoulder and my last one was a treble clef note on my on my torso by my v-cut.

Yeah, I've been doing cardo kick-boxing since I went to live with grandma. It was like my special place to vent.

We walked around town and bought all types of clothes for all seasons. From swim wear to polo winter boots, I was down packed.

"A women can never have enough shoes . . . well in your case, sneakers." My grandma said after we left foot locker and fulled after the car with shoes.

We went into AT&T store and bought a white Galaxy 2 cell phone. I felt so proud, I got a Spongbob "I spy something" phone case with spiderman headphones I saw through the windows.

We talked and got ice cream. Until my grandma grabbed my hand. "Jeeesh grandma what's wrong?" Her grip was tight on my arm, dragging me on the streets like a rag doll until she let go.

We were infront of Victoria's Secret. I look at my grandma with wide eyes.

"No." My grandma stared a me with a grin on her face.

"No grandma, we are not going inside."

"Do yo want to be happy or not? I'm doing all this for you. Because I love you." She was pullling me into a guilt trip.

Which was working.

I couldn't deny her so I went with everything she said.

My grandma picked out every slutty thing you could find from lace bra's to dental floss underwear. I checked my bra size and I was shocked at the result. 36D I didn't expect all that. From then on my grandma went and bought me almost ever single bra that said 36D on it with matching underwear.

Of course she bought me thongs and lengerie too. I was so embarrased when my grandma forced me in to the dressroom.

I came out in this black laced lined underwire demi cups, adjustable straps, matching thong, and imported nylon. The male employers and customers were staring at me. I wanted to cover myself with a shame and hide in a corner.

My grandma twirled her finger around. "Turn, sweetheart."

I made 360 turn, and all eyes were on me. I felt nervous, but it felt good to be noticed for the first time.

"We'll take it." When we left I felt like a whole new person, exploring the world in a new light. I felt . . . different. I felt like a badass breaking the law.

"Is there anything else before we leav-okay let's go." My grandma doesn't even finish her sentnce she just drags me into a store.

"What's wrong grandma?" She's acting weird, and I hate it when she drags me every where. I feel like a rag doll.

"Excuse me, Hi , my granddaughter would like to get her ears pierced and some other places too."

WHAT?!??!? piercings. No no no . . . tattoos are painful enough. But then again.

I reach to feel my unpiearced ear lobes. It's worth a shot.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hey hon, how feeling?"

"Sore . . . just really sore." The second most painful feel in the world. I pierced my ear lobes three times and then I got the cartilage ring on both my ears.

Triple the pain. At least this pain beats tatoo pain big time.

"Okay honey, come down stairs when you can okay"Grandma called when we got home. She closed the door behind her.

I lay in my dark room thinking about everything else but the pain. My tatoos haven't peeled yet, I got 3 more hours to go since it was almost 10:00.

I lay on my bed, thinking about every event in my life. My ex-family obviously didn't care to love but yet they were (or was told) that they were fighting to keep me with them.

As if I wanted to be with those assholes. I'll get them back for what they done to me. But for now I have better things to think about.

The pain in my ears faded a little bit. I went down into the kitchen to get a snack.

"Happy birthday!" Grandmaput a chocolate cupcake infront of me with a 17 candle inside of it.

"Thank you, grandma." I kissed her on the cheek.

She got her camera out , "Ready say FREEDOM!!"

"FREEDOM!!" I threw my hands in the air and blow out the candle.

My grandma didn't mind, she said it was just a get wild and crazy thing for me after all I've been through and she would still love me.

We took pictures and made faces. Until I heard the door bell.

"I'll get it, you enjoy your cupcake." and she was out of sight.

I went to the fridge and grabbed a cup of milk. Mmmmmmm. Nothing better than a chocolate cupcake and some milk.

I sat down and took a bite into my cupcake, and it was heaven.

"Sophia, the door is for you."

For me? Who knows that I'm here? I got up anxious to see who in the hell wanted to see me.

My grandma was smiling . "Go on."

She opened the door and I saw him . . . .

Adrian