Awake

I can hear Will. 

Suddenly a pain flares through my abdomen, and my eyes open. I gasp and try to sit up, but something's stopping me. I look around and try to see where I am.

I'm in Bruce's arms, and Will, he's leaning over me. He's healing me.

I take a look at him, "Hey Sunshine."

He looks at me and smiles, "Morning Ghost Queen."

"Will, only Nico called me that," I smile.

"Well, only he called me sunshine."

I smile and shake my head. My eyes tighten in pain. It hurts, it really hurts. I guess getting shot really hurts, especially for someone who's awake. I grasp onto a hand, I think it's Bruce's. I grunt and wait for Will to finish whatever he's doing. When I open my eyes, I see Will digging around for something. He then pulls out a small square of ambrosia.

"Here."

I take it into my hand, and pop it into my mouth. Instantly my mouth is filled with the best taste ever. Alfred's chocolate chip cookies. 

"I never asked, what does it taste like?" Will asks.

"Alfred's cookies."

Bruce looks at me, "But, he hasn't made any."

I laugh, "He has, I just took them all."

I cough a bit, and when I stop I look back at Bruce. I smile up at him. Then I look once more to Will.

"Three days rest, one ambrosia a day. Doctor's orders."

"Thank you Will."

He smiles and gets up off the floor. He walks behind us and I hear him call out to me.

"You look more and more like your brother each day."

I hear him walk away, and a small smile covers my face. My eyes are filled with sadness, but at the same time I'm happy. I love that you can see Nico through me, I love that. I groaned and tried to sit up, Bruce helped me. I looked into his eyes, they're soft. He helped me to my feet, and I gripped him tightly. When I was finally standing I looked around, there's only a few people left.

"Where are the bat boys?" I ask.

"What?"

I give him a look, "The bat boys... your sons."

He smiled and shakes his head, "They're in the game room. I didn't want them to see you like that."

"Thanks, I don't really like it when people see me vulnerable."

"I understand."

We made our way up the stairs, and through the hallways. I limped and fell into Bruce a few times but he didn't care, I'm happy that he's here. We approached my door, and when it opened, I noticed that someone's inside. It's Diana, she's getting my bed ready?

Bruce turned to me as I sat down on the bed. 

"We're going to have to talk about what happened, but we'll do it after three days of doctor required rest."

I smiled at him. Bruce swiftly left the room, so now it's just Diana and I. I turned to Diana and smiled brightly.

"My father, he gave me permission to tell them."

"That's amazing!"

She helped me get changed into pajamas, and get into bed. I had taken my make-up off, and Diana had taken down my hair. I got under the covers, but didn't lye down. I grabbed two hair ties of the nightstand, and started braiding my hair. When I finished, I noticed Diana coming out of the bathroom, in pajamas too. She put her things into her bag and headed towards the door.

"I'll be sleeping in the guest bedroom next door."

My face faltered, "Can... can you stay with me? Please?"

She smiled, "Sure."

She threw her bag on the floor, and walked over to the other side of the bed. She climbed under the covers and laid down next to me. Shifting my spot, from the uncomfortableness and pain, and turned to Diana. I smiled at her and closed my eyes. I fell asleep almost instantly.