Batman

I had wanted to go to LA, but I didn't land there. When I left the shadow travel I found that one, I'm not in LA, and two I'm in a cemetery. I looked around and groaned, I have no clue were I am, plus I'm too weak to try and shadow travel anywhere else. I backed up against the wall and slid down to a sitting position. I groaned in pain, and took a piece of ambrosia. Bernie's chocolate cake filled my taste buds and I smiled. 

The weakness and fatigue started getting to me, and I had no control when I drifted off to sleep. 

When I woke, something felt off. I groaned and got up. My back and neck cracked as I did. i stretched before hearing a strange noise. I turned the corner and saw something despicable, there are three men trying to grave rob. I sneered at them as they took jewelry from the grave. I was about to do something when someone in a dark gruff voice spoke.

"You should put back that jewelry before you go to jail."

I didn't expect anything to happen, but something did. The theifs stopped and did what hey were told. They were a stuttering mess. When they finished the voice told them to never do anything like that again, and they ran off. I chuckled before turning to find my way out. I waked around aimlessly before I saw a tall gate. As I got closer I got faster. I quickly and flawlessly made my way over the gate, and continued to walk. 

When I got into the main part of the city I noticed a sign, a sign that says Gotham. I groaned and cursed in three languages. Of course if I had to mess up a shadow travel I would land in the worst city in america. 

I continued to walk, but I can feel someone following me. I quickened my pace, and kept my guard up. Soon enough I started to walk by a bank, and of course as I passed it the alarm went off. Clowns ran out laughing, and yelling something about Batman. I tried to get out of there, but to my luck I stepped on a bottle, and it broke. The clowns all looked at me, and the three biggest thugs started towards me. I turned around and started to leave, and only started to run when their footsteps got louder. 

I turned down an alley and went all the way down before I realized that it's a dead end. I swore, and turned to face the thugs. One of them came at me, I was able to flip him over, but the other two came at me at the same time. I was still too weak, and one of them was able to punch my stomach. I went to the ground and groaned. 

One of them came at me with his fist, and I flinched away. I expected the blow but it never came. When I looked up I saw them getting beat up by a man with pointy ears. When they were all down, he turned to me. 

Recognition went through my mind, it's Batman. 

I stood up and he walked closer to me.

"Are you ok?"

I gave him a look, "I'm just peachy."

"What's your name? Why are you out here alone?"

"I don't have to tell you anything," I tell him.

He seems a little taken back, I mean why would anyone talk to batman like that? I tried to walk pass him but he stopped me.

"Where do you live?"

"That's none of your business."

"I protect Gotham, Gotham is my business. You are in Gotham, which makes you my business," he tells me.

I roll my eyes at him, and leave the alley way. Surprisingly he didn't follow me.

I made my way down the empty streets of Gotham every once in a while passing people, and seeing cars pass. I was starting to cross a street when a car came speeding towards me. It stopped right before it was going to hit me. My eyes widened and I went right back on the sidewalk. The man driving hopped out of the car and ran towards me.

"Are you ok?!" he said sounding genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine."

"Where do you live I can drive you home, it's the least I could do."

"No, it's fine," I tell him.

His eyes furrow, "Really? Where are your parents?" He asks looking around.

"Uh... I think they went to the miny mart. They should be getting home soon, I live just down there," I say pointing behind me.

"You're an orphan aren't you?" he asks with sadness in his eyes.

I don't reply but I guess he took it as a yes, I mean it's true but still.

"My condolences. Why don't you come with me? I have more money than I need, and way to much space to use. It wouldn't be right for me to leave you out here alone," he says.

That's when I realize who he is. It's Bruce Wayne, the billionaire. I was about to refuse his offer when he said something that really struck me. 

"Come on, it's not like you have anywhere else to go."

I sighed, he's right. I have no where to go, I truly wish that Nico didn't die, then I wouldn't be in this mess. I really don't want to worry about where to sleep, or where my next meal is going to be, I mean I didn't bring that much money. I stood there looking at Bruce Wayne, I'm trying to figure out a reason why I shouldn't go with him. Why it's a bad idea to go with him. Yet I can't, and it's surprising. So I made up my mind.

"Ok, one one condition."

"Name it," Bruce said.

"I used to do some physical activities, I want to be able to do them still."

"That can be arranged."