Death

My brother Nico is my only friend. His friends don't like me, they think I'm weird. Everyone else in camp won't talk to me, they think I'm a freak. They only think that because I'm the only daughter of Hades. Bianca died, and dad hates Nico for it. He thinks that Nico should have been the one who died, or I should have died. Dad isn't the best dad. When I was growing up I knew him, he would meet with my mother, but things never went well. I've hurt by him, he's the only thing that scares me. 

When I had first arrived at camp, Nico was the one who brought me. My mother died, and I had no where to go. Nico said that our father sent for me, and that I'm to grow up and train in Camp half-Blood. When I had found out that my horrible father is Hades, it made me even more scared of him, but the things that I can do, the things Nico and Bianca can do, those things never scared me. 

I've been at camp for three years, and I'm already a better fighter than anyone here, even Percy Jackson. It's probably because I'm a gymnast, dancer, and I know parkour. Those things definitely help me. 

Nico's on a mission, so right now I'm all by myself. 

Everything was going normal for me, my training was going well, and my powers are great. But soon Chiron came up to me.

"Silence, I need to talk with you in my office. I'll meet you there, ok?"

"Of course."

I put my weapons away, and started towards Chiron's office. Leaves crunched under my feet as I walked. But they stopped when I got inside, my feet never made a sound. I reached his office and stepped inside. I plopped myself on a chair, and waited for him to show up. I tapped my feet and looked around, I've never been in his office for this long.

I heard footsteps in the hallway, it's Chiron and a few more people. 

When the door opened Chiron came in, but so did Percy, Annabeth, Jason, and Will. They looked at me, and I furrowed my brows. Why are we all here? They all took a seat, and Chiron took a seat behind his desk. 

"The mission that Piper, Hazel, Leo, and Nico all went on, it turned upside down."

It felt like my heart stopped beating.

"They were ambushed, none of them made it. I'm sorry."

Tears started welling up in my eyes. Tears are flowing freely down the other's faces. I put my head down.

"Silence," Chiron said.

I lifted my head, and met his gaze. He held out his hand, inside it is Nico's ring.

"Nico would have wanted you to have this."

I took the ring in my hand, and tears threatened to spill. No tears spilled from my eyes, but my voice was cracking.

"Thank you."

I got out of the chair, and gripped the ring even tighter. I went to the door, I can feel the other's judgmental looks burning into the back of my head. After I opened the door, I basically ran out of there. I burst through the doors and ran all the way back to my cabin. I collapsed onto Nico's bed crying. 

I cried till no more tear would come out. When that happened I sat up, and I hugged his pillow. I inhaled his scent and sighed. Why did he have to die, now I'm all alone. I stood up and noticed something, it's a picture. It's a picture of Nico and Will. I took the frame, and gripped it in my hands. I then looked at the necklace that had been draped over it. It has the initials N+W, Nico was going to give it to him for their anniversary.  I placed it on his bed, and then grabbed the ring. I slipped his ring on my finger, and smiled. Then I took the photo and the necklace off his bed and headed outside. I have to find Will. 

I walked around a bit before heading to their spot. Nico told me that he and Will go to a secret spot, to talk. Of course he told me where it is. I walked to the beach, and walked all the way to the edge of the border. I entered the small cave, and felt saddened at what I saw. They're all here, they're praying for him; why wouldn't they invite me to this. 

"Will?"

He looked up at me, and I got a dirty look from Annabeth. 

"Silence?"

I held out the picture frame, "This was Nico's, it's the picture of you guys."

He took it him his hands and smiled, "Thank you."

"Also," I took the necklace from inside my pocket. "He was planning on giving this to you for your anniversary. He was super happy the way it came out, he'd want you to have it."

He took the necklace from my hand, and started crying. Annabeth and Percy were getting up to comfort him when he came at me. He hugged my tightly, and cried into my shoulder. I hugged him back, and closed my eyes. When we separated I wiped the tears from his face. He smiled at me.

"Thank you, Silence."

"No problem Will."

I started leaving, and noticed that Jason, Percy, and Annabeth are all giving me dirty looks. I left the cave, only to be followed by Annabeth. She gripped my arm and turned me to face her. She yelled at me. She didn't like that I didn't cry, she didn't like how I always acted, she didn't like that I interrupted their praying.

"Your praying? Why didn't you invite me? HUH! Nico is my brother!!" I yelled at her.

"I think you should leave," she told me.

"I think you're right."

I turned and left. I shadow traveled back to the cabin and changed into a new pair of clothing. Black ripped jeans, a grey band shirt, and Nico's favorite black sweater. I kept the ring on my finer, and grabbed my weapon. My bracelet turns into different weapons, a knife, staff, bow and arrows, but not a sword. Now with Nico's ring, I have one. 

I looked at a map, looks like I'm going to go to LA. I grabbed some money, and ambrosia and shadow traveled, leaving the camp behind.