Nightmares

Dick and I watched a ton of random TV, it was fun. As the credits for the last movie rolled by, Bruce came stalking into the room. He stood in the doorway staring at both of us. 

"You two should really get to bed," he says yawning.

I look at Dick and then the time, "We really should."

I get off the couch and make my way towards Bruce, "Night Dick." I passed Bruce, "Night Bruce."

They both replied with a good night as I left the room. 

My bare feet made contact with the cold tiles as I ventured up the grand stair case. My hand glided across the banister slowly. I stepped off the top step and onto the glittering floor. My feet stomped down the many hallways heading to my room. As I approached my door, I heard voices from inside. My guard it immediately up, and my body tenses. Slowly my made grips the door knob, and turns it ever so slightly. Slowly I pushed open the door, and I slipped through the crack. I shut the door quietly spying the two sources of the voices. Jason, Tim, and Damien are all huddled around my desk.

A smirk appeared on my face as I quietly advanced. Good thing I'm a demigod, or they would have heard me by now. I got closer and closer to their bodies. I poked my head through the space of two of their shoulders, they still don't know I'm here. They're looking at video of me? it's a video of me, or at least it was. It was when I was watching TV with Dick. Why would they be watching tapes from earlier? I moved my head back and lifted up my arms. I screamed at the tops of my lungs as my hands came in contact with their backs. Screams erupted from all three of their mouths as the jumped away from me and each other. 

Fits of laughter erupted from my mouth. I gripped my stomach as I walked away from them. Shock appeared on their faces.

"Silence! What was that!?" Jason yelled.

"Well I heard voices from in here, and I wanted see what it was. Then when I saw it you guys I decide to scare you. Then I saw you guys watching video of me from earlier with Dick. Now, what was that about?" I ask getting in front of the door.

"How did you sneak up on us?" Damien asks.

"Don't change the subject mister."

"We were looking around your room, and then we wanted to see what you were doing. By the time we saw that you were watching tv, we decided to see what you watched before," Tim answered.

"Ok, please don't do it again. Also please don't come in here if I'm not in here," I said stepping out of the doorway.

"Ok, we'll let you get to bed," Tim said ushering his brothers towards the door.

Damien, he tried to protest. I guess he really wants to know about how I was able to sneak up on them, I'll have to think of a good lie. As they all filed into the hallway I shut the door tight. Gosh, they're so strange. I shook my head and smiled. I walked over to the dresser, and pulled out a pair of pj pants, and a plan t-shirt. I quickly changed into them before climbing into the bed. I stared at the ceiling, and closed my eyes.

It took hours of counting swords for me to finally fall into nothingness. Sadly it wasn't nothingness, it was something. It was a nightmare.

My feet stomped on the ground, going fast, faster than I've ever gone before. I have to get away, I have to get out of here. The leaves crunched under my bare feet, branches scratched at my arms and legs. My fear filled eyes glanced behind me, it's not there, yet I know it is. My pace slowly as I ran into a clutter of trees. My breathing became erratic as I hid behind one. I pressed my body up against the rough surface, hoping to not be found. I tried to catch my breath, but a branch snapped close by. My head snapped up, and I looked into the darkness. I took off in the opposite direction as soon as I saw the pair of glowing yellow eyes.

I ran as fast as my body allowed me to, but it wasn't fast enough. My arms and legs flailed as something behind me, took ahold of my center. It's large, muscular arms wrapped and tightened itself around me. A terrible growl emitted from it's mouth, causing me to scream in fear. It dragged me back to where I've been running from. It pulled my hair, it pulled at my arms. It pulled my through the  dreaded doors. 

As we entered the change in temperature caused me to shake uncontrollably. It's too cold, even for me. I screamed at it threw me, it threw my to the feet of a man. I gasped and didn't look up, I kept my gaze at the floor. I stared at the glistening hard wood, and at the leathery shoes. I stared at the dirt, and scratches on my hands. Suddenly something grabs at my hair, and I yelp in pain. The grip tightened as I lifted me off the ground. I scrunched up my face, as his breath blew into my face. He threw me back onto the ground, causing me to grunt. I crawled back as he advanced. 

All this because I broke a few ancient items. It's not like I had meant to, actually I kinda did. I just wanted him to stop hurting Nico, but he wouldn't, not unless something precious to him broke.

My back hit the wall, but he didn't stop moving. He knelt down in front of me and lifted his hand to my face. He traced my check, before grabbing it. He whispered vicious things into my ear before walking away to grab something. When he came back, I now see that he grabbed a shard. It's a shard from the mirror that I broke. Again he got down in my face and lifted hi hand. He yelled things at me, before taking the shard and swiping down my face, through my eye brow.

I cried out in pain, as he did it. He threw the shard behind him, as he griped the collar of my shirt. He again said some not so nice things as he threw me into the bookcase across the room. Then he came at me again, but this time, in his more horrid form. 

I screamed.

I screamed so very loud.

I screamed and woke up with a start.

I started to gasp for breath. 

I haven't had that dream in a long time. It's been years since then. It's been years, and he's changed. He doesn't hurt me anymore, he only yells. I hate it when he yells. When he yells, he's scary. 

I brought my knees to my chest as my head fell into my hands. Tears started to flow down my face, but no sound came from my mouth. 

Moments later, my door opened. Whoever came in, sat himself next to me. He lifted his hand and made contact with my back. As soon as he did, I flinched. I looked up at him to see that it's Dick. His eyes filled with sadness as he saw the tears.

"Silence, what's wrong? Why'd you scream?" he asks me.

"It's nothing," I tell him.

"I can tell when someone's lying to me, but why are you?"

I take a deep breath, "It was just a nightmare."

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks.

"No," I croak out.

"Ok, do you want me to go?" he asks.

I shake my head no, as more tears flow down my face. I wrap my arms around his neck, and bury my face into his shoulder. This time I actually start to sob, but he doesn't move. he just rubs his hand up and down my back. My sobbing filled the quietness, but now so does singing. Dick, he's singing a song, a lullaby. 

He sings, and it makes me tired, but I guess that's the point of a lullaby. I drift off into sleep once more. I never felt him leave, but I know he did. I can't be more thankful to be living here, I may have just met these boys, but I love them. 

I love them all.