23- Soaring Over Sunsets

~Keith's POV~

I heard a knock on the apartment door.

"I'll get it!" I shouted as excitement pooled up in my chest, and I ran towards the door. I opened it to see Lance standing there, holding a bouquet filled with red and blue flowers. I smiled.

"Hey," He said. He seemed a bit nervous, cue to his foot tapping rapidly against the ground, that he seemed to be trying to hide.

"Hi," I responded. "I just have to get my jacket, and then we can go," I said, pointing behind me at where my jacket hung over the back of the couch. Shiro walked into the room as I slipped it on, smiling when he saw Lance. I turned to him and gave him a warning glare.

"Not. a. word." I told him. He simply continued to have the stupidest sly smile on his face. I turned back to Lance.

"Ready to go?" I said, a smile appearing on my face. Lance smiled, and his cheeks blushed a bit. I closed the door behind us as we left.

"So, where are we going?" I asked Lance. He handed me the bouquet, which I took from him happily.

"You'll have to wait and see," Lance said. I followed him down the many stairs, and then to where his car was parked outside. We drove for however many minutes until we arrived at an area a little ways outside the city. I was confused, but knew that Lance wouldn't disappoint. We walked through a thin wall of pines, and then entered into a large field. It was surrounded by trees, and in the center was an icy-blue lake. The whole field was covered in snow, as it was colder since this area was elevated higher than the city. The sunlight shone off of the snow, making the whole clearing sparkle.

"Wow," I whispered. Lance smiled at me.

"Right?" He said, then held out an arm for me. "Come on." We walked up to the lake, which appeared to be frozen solid. Lance set down the backpack he held and unzipped it. He then pulled out two pairs of ice skates.

"What—" I started. I was a bit confused, but Lance seemed so excited about this(and seeing him so happy just might have looked adorable), so I complied.

After I finally got the skates on my feet, we both walked towards the lake.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Lance, cautiously eyeing the ice.

"Yes, of course. This lake is completely frozen, there's no way for you to fall in, Keith. I would never risk that," Lance said, smiling slightly. The look in his eyes showed that he really did care, and was confident about this. And I trusted that he was right.

Lance put one foot on the lake. The blade slid a bit on the ice when he stepped on with the other foot. He wasn't falling over, so I should be okay. Right?

Cautiously, I put one foot on the ice. I wouldn't admit it out loud, but I was nervous. The only time I had ever gone ice skating I fell and ended up with a broken leg. Lance smiled, and held out a hand for me.

"I won't let you fall."

I hesitated for a moment, then put my hand in his and stepped onto the ice. My feet slid a bit and my legs wobbled, but I was less nervous than I was before. We skated towards the middle of the lake, Lance staying true to what he told me. I slowly grew more comfortable, and we slowly went faster. Lance spun me in a circle, and I let out an unexpected laugh. He looked at me surprised, a wide smile appearing on his face.

At one moment Lance let go of my hand and skated faster than I'd ever seen before. He spun around multiple times, showing a talent I hadn't known he'd had. The way he moved on the ice, it looked like he was dancing. I stopped, watching him, and time stopped too. And after that, when we skated together again, I never took my eyes off him. At one point Lance reached both of his arms out for me to hold, and I did. He pulled me in close, our faces mere inches apart.