3- Polaroid Pictures

It was 6:00, and I was in my apartment waiting for Hunk and Pidge to arrive. Shiro was here too, but he was going to leave with his boyfriend Matt, Pidge's brother, who was coming over with Pidge. I was doodling a feather on my arm when I heard the doorbell. I jumped up from the couch and opened the door. As soon as it opened, my eyes landed on a new face. He must be Hunk's friend, I thought. The boy had caramel skin dotted with freckles over his face. He had chestnut brown hair, and the most beautiful blue eyes. Wait, what?! No, that's not right. Not beautiful, just blue. Yep. Just blue. He wore a blue hoodie(with what seemed like a abstract picture of the ocean on it) and jeans.
"Hey Keith. This is Lance," Hunk said, gesturing to the Cuban boy. Wait a second, I recognized that name. Now that I thought about it, Lance looked familiar, too. Where did I know him from?

"'Sup, Mullet," Lance responded after looking at me. He saluted, a smirk on his face. He quickly walked past me and followed Pidge into the apartment. I stood there for a few seconds, processing what he had just said. Did he seriously just call me 'Mullet?!' I heard Pidge laugh behind me, and the sound of a high-five between the two.

- - -

The four of us were sitting around the TV. Hunk and Pidge were on the couch, and Lance and I sat on the bean bags in front of the TV. We had been playing Mario Kart for awhile now, which was pretty much just a constant battle between Lance and I. It was really making me angry how he would always win, and not need to try hard at all. (For one, he was amazing at aiming shells at people, especially me. Every time I was ahead of him I'd get hit by him and he would end up winning. He'd also blue shelled me countless times) Pidge was good at the game too, once she was able to find a way to hack it. She pretty much continuously blue shelled whoever was in first.

Currently, Lance and I were fighting for first place, and it was on the final lap. My character(which was Dry Bones, who I always played with) was in the lead. Maybe I'll actually win this one, I thought. But then Lance chuckled from across the room, and before I could think about why he did that, I was hit by a shell, and Lance's character passed me. Shit. We rounded a corner, and got the final power up. I prayed that I would get something to get back in first place. It landed on a red shell! I internally celebrated because I was terrible at aiming shells, but with reds I didn't have to. I hit Lance, and passed him just as we crossed the finish line. Lance whispered "Mierda," under his breath, but I had no idea what that meant. I dropped my controller and threw a fist in the air. Finally, I beat him!

"Ha! Now who's the loser," I said. Lance looked angry for a second, but then smiled.

"Still you," he replied. What? I looked at the screen, and of course Lance won the Grand Prix in the end. I crossed my arms.

"Aw, come on Mullet," Lance said, teasing me, "Don't be a sore loser."
"Lance, Keith's always a sore loser," Pidge said.

"Oh, yeah I know," Lance replied. Hunk and Pidge looked at him, confused. Lance realized he needed to elaborate. "Oh right, you two didn't know. Keith went to Cuba last year, and we met at the restaurant where I was performing. He was grumpy the whole time."

So that's where I knew Lance from! I remembered that trip, my Mom had forced me to go with her, and then when I returned my father was gone. Lance and I had started out hating each other(or it was just because I was very moody then), but as the trip went on we became closer friends. I remembered Lance telling me how much he wanted to go to school in the United States. It's a coincidence that he ended up going to school in the same city I live, and is also staying with one of my friends, I thought.

"Keith!" I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"Uh....Yeah?"

"Do you want to do another race?"