21- Talk to Him

~Keith's POV~

I couldn't believe what I had heard.

Lance likes me.

It had been about an hour since Lance left. When we had woken this morning it was very awkward between us to say the least. Shiro hadn't made it any better with his constant looks and teasing comments to me. What he didn't know, though, was that I had heard the conversation he had with Lance last night.

I now sat on my bed, staring at the spot Lance had been the night before. How was I supposed to tell Lance that I felt the same? Or at least, I thought I felt the same. I didn't really understand love, and had only felt it once in my life before, which ended with a broken heart. I'd hadn't let myself fall for anyone else since then. Of course, I loved my family, but I mean that I didn't understand the type of love I think I felt towards Lance. It made me more confident having heard Lance tell my brother that he wouldn't hurt me, though. At least I had hope that things could end well for once in my life...

That night...  

"Keith, you can't just avoid him forever," Pidge's voice said through the phone. I was pacing around the main room in the apartment, now freaking out about what to tell Lance. I had also avoided seeing him yesterday, and so far that was the only plan I had until I figured out what to tell him.

"I know I can't, but unless you have a better idea, I'm sticking with mine," I told her.

"You could maybe talk to him and tell him you feel the same."

"Yeah, I know that, but how am I supposed to tell him?!" I almost shouted into the phone.

"You open your mouth and say words," Pidge said sarcastically. Her face on the phone screen seemed amused from messing with me. She had her short hair done up in pigtails, and wasn't wearing her glasses. Her bull terrier, Bae Bae, sat next to her and occasionally popped her head into the screen.

"Pidge!"

"Ok, ok. I don't know why you're coming to me about this. I'm more clueless than you about love," Pidge laughed, "But, when you do decide to talk to him, you shouldn't be so worried about what he's going to say. You know he likes you back, and also, if I know Lance, he's not one to avoid those feelings like you. If you don't tell him, chances are he's going to confess to you soon anyway."

"You think so?" Pidge nodded.

"Okay, thanks," I said. "Do you think I should just wait for him then?"

"Well, do you want to wait, or do you want to talk to him and be in a relationship sooner?" Pidge asked me. I thought for a moment.

"I think—" I was cut off by shouting in the background of Pidge's house.

"Pidge, get down here!" Someone(I think it sounded like Matt) shouted. Pidge visibly jolted, surprised, then looked back at me.

"Sorry, Keith, I have to go," she said. "I hope you can stop freaking out a bit and just get together already!" The screen went black, and the "Call ended" sign came up. I sighed. Should I take Pidge's advice and talk to Lance? I knew that's what I should do, but it made me so nervous even thinking about telling him, that I could probably never get myself to actually tell him.

The next day...

"Are you okay? You've been acting strange lately," Shiro asked me as I walked into the apartment, having just finished at the shop for the day. I sighed.

"Yeah, I guess I've just been a bit overwhelmed by my thoughts," I told him.

"What are you thinking about?"