19장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Xuxi-gege? Are you alright?" 

Lucas winced once he felt Liu Yangyang touch his shoulder. He quickly shook his head, locked his phone and tossed it on the glass table in front of him. Yangyang, who was standing behind him gulped, seeing the older male react this harsh was new to the eighteen-year-old. 

"Sorry, Yangyang." Lucas stood up and rubbed his temples. "I've been too caught up in my thoughts." He said and started to walk out of the living room of their dorm in Beijing. Yangyang, eager to follow Lucas, tripped over his own feet in the process but managed to call out two words, that made Lucas stop in his tracks. 

"Yoo Boyoung!" Yangyang lifted himself from the floor and looked over to the younger male. "It's Yoo Boyoung, right?" The boy asked and grinned cheekily. Lucas sighed. "How'd you know?" - "I saw you reading every single update from her ever since SM posted that statement about her leaving the company."

"Maybe I did", Lucas said and Yangyang cocked an eyebrow. Ever since Lucas had debuted in WayV and went to China for their promotions, he had been miserable; spending every little second of his free time on his phone, wondering what his girlfriend... ex-girlfriend was up to.

He knew he fucked up. He shouldn't have treated her that way when SM called them in for that crisis meeting after their scandal. He remembered her words from that day on the beach in Bali. She warned him, that there were consequences but he was too caught up in his feelings to really realise what Boyoung had warned him about.

And then the worst case scenario happened and he acted like a cocky douche, making Boyoung feel the burden of this whole scandal. When the company asked him to do a public apology he thought Boyoung would have to do the same, but once he heard (from a raging Renjun) that Boyoung was sent away he felt horrible.

"It's because she's a girl." Renjun had explained on the phone, once Lucas found out about Boyoungs disappearance. "For a woman, it's not easy to apologise for making out on the beach with a male celebrity since females aren't as worthy in Korea as men." Renjun had continued, before screaming at Lucas for ruining Boyoungs career.

Lucas sighed and looked at Yangyang. The younger smiled at him carefully. "I was really selfish back then." He said and leaned at the wall next to the door of his room. "I thought she ruined my career without thinking about what consequences that would have for Boyung," Lucas said and rubbed his nape. "I never thought our company would send her to Germany. I never played with the thought of how miserable she must have felt in a foreign country so far, far away from her Grandmother and her friends in Korea. They fired her complete staff. She had no one in Germany, you know?" 

Yangyang was surprised by the wave of words his Gege spit into his face but nodded only. "Boyoung's lucky that German people are so friendly." He winked. "I speak from experience." Yangyang's happy smile made Lucas chuckle. "You're a weird kid, Liu Yangyang," Lucas said but Yangyang only shook his shoulder.

"Maybe you should text Boyoung and tell her exactly what you've told me right now," Yangyang said and Lucas looked down on to his feet. "Yangyang's right." Lucas lifted his head once he heard Kun's voice. "Kun-ge? Were you eavesdropping?" Lucas asked and Kun nodded. "It's rare to hear you speaking of your most hidden thoughts, Yukhei."

Lucas looked down and nodded. "The worst would be her read zoning me, right?" Lucas asked and Kun and Yangyang nodded. "But in my opinion, I don't think she will read zone you. Yoo Boyoung is a lovely and open girl. Otherwise, Renjun wouldn't be so into her." Kun said and Lucas laughed. "Maybe you're right." Lucas walked over to the table and grabbed his phone.

"Wish me luck!" He smiled and started typing.

― 💌 ―

"Boyoung, your phone!" Ilva called and grabbed the phone off the desk and over to Boyoung, who was excusing herself from the man opposite of her

"Boyoung, your phone!" Ilva called and grabbed the phone off the desk and over to Boyoung, who was excusing herself from the man opposite of her. "I'm just going to check my phone for a second. My friend Ilva Steumann will tell you about my future plans." Boyoung bowed and stood up watching Ilva sitting down in front of the man that had applied for a manager job.

Boyoung walked out of the coffee shop and leaned on to the wall of the shop, looking at the notification at the top. "I can't believe that he only texted me now..." She whispered and unlocked the phone to read a rather long message. The actress read Lucas' words over and over again.

Her heart started beating faster when she read that last sentence. "He still likes me..." She whispered to herself and turned around to see Ilva discussing with the man. Boyoung knocked at the shop window, catching Ilva's attention. The older girl bowed, slipped into her coat and grabbed her and Boyoung's bags walking outside. "That dude was weird." The German lass sighed and looked at Boyoung.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." - "Lucas wrote me!" -"Was?! I mean, what?" Ilva asked and leaned over Boyoungs shoulder to read Lucas' message.

The two girls looked over the messages over and over again. "He seems sincere." Ilva said and Boyoung looked at the photographer. "Ilva, what should I do? It's been months since I last talked to him and he was really rude back then. My heart had hurt so so much." 

Ilva bit his lip. "I'm sorry, Boyoung. I don't know. I am not really good in relationship advice. Maybe you should just write him a little answer. Just that you got his text and understand his point of view now..." Boyoung looked at Ilva and nodded.

"I guess you're right. I'm doing this tonight. Do we have one more meeting?" - "Yes. Do we have an appointment at the agency of Do Inhwa? Do you know her? She's a famous U-19 soccer player." Ilva said and walked towards the car, Boyoung behind her. "I think I heard her name before." - "Yep. She's NCT Jeno's girlfriend." Ilva smiled and Boyoung rolled her eyes.

"I keep forgetting that you're an NCTzen."

A/N: HI Guys! We are slowly approaching "Lucas & Boyoung"'s end! I wanted to thank y'all for supporting this fic so much. I can't believe I've been working on this for almost a year now, wow... But I grew really attached to Boyoung so I think she will have some special appearances in my other NCT 2018 series, lol.

I have started an NCT 2019 series as well! The first book is about Doyoung and I haven't officially started it, but if you want you can and check out the character files and little intro I posted. It would mean a lot to me.

Thanks for reading so far and I hope you stay with Boyoung and Lucas until the end.

Bye for now!

— Inês, 2019.02.03