12장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Lucas? Can I talk with you for a second?" Lucas' head shot up from his plate and he sends a beaming smile towards Boyoung, who had just approached him. With a swift motion, he jumped up from his seat and nodded towards the other NCT members that were eyeing him and the actress with an amused glint in their eyes.

Lucas followed Boyoung outside of the dining room. The girl was fixing her dress and nervously wiped her hands on the fabric. Lucas grinned, she was cute. "What's up Boyoung?" He asked with a smile while the same aged girl only looked down. She nervously rambled on and asked if her Chinese pronunciation was okay. Lucas was surprised that she had asked him, and not Renjun.

"Your accent was cute. But otherwise, it was almost perfect! Renjun was praising you as if you were a bag of gold." Lucas smiled and watched Boyoung cover her mouth, while a giggle escaped her lips. The rapper bit her lip. Not only her accent was cute, her whole personality was super cute.

Lucas wanted to say something when someone walked up to the two 99-liners. Lucas recognized the girl as Kim Haerin, an SM Entertainment actress that was mainly stationed in Japan. She was also Boyoung's friend. The two girls chatted for a while before Boyoung introduced Haerin to him.

"I heard a lot about you!"Kim Haerin smiled and leaned forward. Her arm was slightly bumping into Lucas'. "I'm such a big fan of <Boss>! I heard it every day when it came out!" The actress confessed and Lucas laughed. Since the boy was a social butterfly, he loved meeting new people. 

And Kim Haerin seemed nice.

"You also looked really handsome in the music video" Haerin continued, when Lucas realized that Boyoung had disappeared. He looked around but the girl was nowhere to be found. Haerin was still talking about how good Lucas had looked during the performances of <Boss> and how it had moved her heart.

"Lucas-sshi?" Haerin said and finally caught the boys attention. "Ye?" He asked looking for Boyoung once more before concentrating on the Sunbae. 

"I really became a big fan of you" she smiled and gently touched his arm. "And not only this... My heart is always beating faster when I see you. You are really cool and handsome. And I wanted to confess to you as soon as possible because it's hard keeping these feelings for myself." Haerin wiped a strand of hair out of her face.

Lucas saw her tinted cheeks and bit his lip. Was his Sunbae really confessing her love to him? He gulped and looked down. Unsure of what to think. He didn't even know Kim Haerin personally. All he heard of her, were the stories the company colleagues had told him; that she was an astounding actress and extra popular in Japan, which was the reason that SM had sent her to their Japanese headquarter in Tokyo.

"Will you accept my heart?" Kim Haerin asked and looked straight into Lucas' eyes.

She was holding his hands, so he wouldn't walk away and forced him to look at her. He looked down nevertheless.

Despite Lucas' good looks, he had never been confessed to. People would want to be his friend, even girls. But no girl had ever asked him out or confessed to him like Kim Haerin did. 

The nineteen-year-old was confused. The first thing that rushed through his mind was Yoo Boyoung and the way she had sung this morning. How she had locked her eyes with his. It felt as if she had sung it for him only. Her smile was burned inside his brain and he was waiting every day for what adventured they would experience here in Bali.

But now Boyoung was nowhere to be found and Haerin was patiently waiting for him to answer her.

"Sunbae" Lucas started and slowly freed his hands of her grip. "I'm sorry. But I don't think I can accept your heart." He bit his lip and saw a flash of hurt rushing through Haeirn's face. "Ah... I see. How embarrassing." She chuckled, fake of course. "Why?" She then asked and took a step away from Lucas.

"It just doesn't feel right." - "Is there someone else in your heart?" Haerin asked and Lucas cocked an eyebrow. "I think I don't understand the question." He said. "Do you like someone else?" Haerin repeated, sounding angry now. If there would be someone in Lucas' heart, she would be really hurt.

"To be honest, I think there is," Lucas said and bowed. "I am sorry that I heard your feelings." With a deep bow, he walked back into the dining room. His head was buzzing when he sat back down next to Renjun. Jaehyun, Jungwoo, and Taeil were eyeing the young Hong Kong boy with interest.

"What's up with that face, Xuxi?" Taeil asked and Jungwoo continued asking what Boyoung had wanted from him, when Kim Haerin came back into the dining room, walking over to Red Velvet's Irene and hugging her, with tears on her face.

"Kim Haerin just confessed to me," Lucas said and looked at his members. Jeno choked on his coke and Renjun widened his eyes. "Kim Haerin?" Jungwoo asked and Lucas nodded. "Why did she confess to you? She has a fiancée." Jungwoo said and Lucas looked at him with confusion on his face.

"Huh? But she just told me that she has a crush on me and how handsome I am. Why would she do that if she has a fiancée?" Lucas asked looking at Jungwoo who only shook his shoulders. "All I know is that she is engaged with a Japanese man."

Lucas scratched his nape and looked over to Kim Haerin. She was still hugging her friend Irene, tears still dripping down her cheeks. And then Lucas saw the ring on her finger. A big diamond was sparkling there. She was indeed engaged.

"But why would she confess to me then?" Lucas asked when Renjun coughed. "Where's Boyoung?" The Chinese lad asked and locked his eyes with Lucas'.