11장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Boyoung? Can I spare you for a second?"

It was dinner time at SM's Team Building camp, and all of the Idols, Actors and Staff Members were seated in the Restaurant and chatting with each other. Boyoung was sitting with her team member Taeyeon and her other Sunbae's Krystal and Sunny when Haerin approached her.

"Ehm, sure. The food isn't out yet either way." Boyoung said with a weak smile on her lips. She remembered Haerin's performance at the Karaoke Tournament from this morning. Since then, she was weirded out by Haerin. Something about her performance stirred something in the 99-liner.

The two girls walked out of the restaurant and over to the beach. The ocean was loudly crashing against the shore and Boyoung held her dress so it wouldn't flash her panties. She giggled at Haerin, who had a serious expression on her face.

"I think we don't need to walk any further," Haerin said and sat down on a rock. "Ah, the breeze is lovely, what?" Boyoung asked but Haerin only looked at her. "I want to confess to Lucas." Haerin spits out and Boyoung chocked on her own saliva. 

She had guessed what Haerin wanted to talk about. But hearing it like that made her froze in a momentary shock. So her best friend seriously had a huge crush on NCT's Lucas and was not only drooling over him. 

Boyoung realized that Haerin had always talked about NCT. Especially Lucas. Even when she was back in Japan, she texted Boyoung and asked if the new SM Rookies were already doing some broadcasts or stuff. And since Boyoung didn't know a lot about the Idols in SM, except Minho, she couldn't give her best friend any details.

But now, Haerin had spelled her biggest secret which was that she was madly in love with Lucas.

"Confessing?" Boyoung asked slowly and bit her lip. "Yes. I came to the point that I want to let him know about my feelings and see if he accepts my heart or not. I can't keep crushing on him without doing anything anymore." Haerin swept a strand of hair out of her face.

"He's in your team so I thought you could help me?" 

Boyoung felt her insides turn and bit her lip. "H-How could I help you? I don't know Lucas well?" Boyoung suddenly felt sick to the stomach and had the urge to call her grandma. What was happening? Why was Haerin into Lucas? And why was it bothering Boyoung?

"Nothing much. Just help me get a chance to meet him in private." Haerin shrugged and started playing with Boyoung's dark hair. "You can chat him up and then I accidentally come to join y'all and you leave us alone so I can confess? Does that sound foolproof?" Haerin smiled happily and Boyoung gulped and looked at her hands.

Her hands were shivering. It wasn't the weather that made her shiver like that. It was her own heart, telling her to stop helping Haerin. It was yelling at her to not do it. But Boyoung didn't listen to it and gave Haerin a fake smile.

"That's the least I can do, right?" Boyoung said and Haerin nodded happily. "Let's follow our plan after dinner. When everyone is leaving." Haerin hugged Boyoung from the side. "You're my best friend! I love you so so much!"

Boyoung half-heartedly hugged Haerin back. Not really feeling good.

While the women on Boyoung's table where chatting happily about fashion and the newest accessories, Boyoung was in thoughts. Would Lucas accept Haerin's heart? What was Boyoung supposed to do then? 

After finishing her food, Boyoung awkwardly stood up to find Lucas who was sitting with his NCT members, laughing loudly. She bit her lip when she approached him. "L-Lucas? Can I talk with you for a second?" She asked shyly while bowing to the other NCT members.

Lucas beamed and jumped up. "Sure!" He whistled and happily followed Boyoung through the dining room of the restaurant. Haerin eyed them and once they were out of the room, she got up as well. "Showtime." She whispered to herself and fixed her dress walking outside.

"What's up, Boyoung?" Lucas asked with a smile and Boyoung looked down. "I just wanted to know if my Chinese pronunciation was good today." She rambled and Lucas chuckled. "Your accent was cute. But otherwise, it was almost perfect! Renjun was praising you as if you were a bag of gold." Boyoung held her hand in front of her mouth while giggling.

It hurt laughing about his jokes when she knew what was about to happen. And when she saw Haerin walking up to them, her laughter died.

"Oh... Boyoung, hi!" Haerin cheered and hugged her best friend, eyeing Lucas. Lucas bowed and Boyoung looked down. "T-This is my best friend Kim Haerin, Haerin, this is NCT's Lucas." - "I heard a lot about you!" Haerin smiled and accidentally touched Lucas' arm. Boyoung watched them and bit her lip.

Slowly, she walked backward. Haerin was chatting and Lucas was concentrating on her words so they didn't realize how the actress disappeared.

Back in the dining room, Boyoung walked up to Taeyeon and told her, she wasn't feeling well and was already heading to her hotel room. The older woman nodded and asked if she needed any help, medicine or someone to talk to.

Boyoung only gave a sad smile to her Sunbae and shook her head. "I'm fine. I'll just sleep it off I guess." And with these words, Boyoung turned around and fled away from the restaurant. She didn't want to know what Lucas and Haerin were up to now.

She only wanted to hide in her hotel room and maybe cry a little.

Once she reached her cabin, she walked inside and sat down on the floor in front of the television. Turning on children's TV she started crying. Big tears rolling down her cheeks. Tears, she couldn't explain but her tears and her sobs only got louder once she thought about Lucas and Haerin.

She sniffled and wiped her tears, seeing an episode of Pokémon starting. "My heart won't obey me either ways." She said while watching Pikachu running through a forest.