chapter 15

Kylie's POV

I laid in bed next to Ryan. Honestly, just being near him was enough. I was so unbelievably lucky to be with someone like him. 

"When are you going back?" I asked.

"In two days."

"Oh." I said dissapointed.

"If I could stay longer, I would. But I have interviews and stuff. It's hard."

"I know."

"Are you mad?"

"No. I'm just scared."

"Of what?" He said, pulling me closer.

"That you'll forget about me. When are we going to see each other again?"

"There is no way I'll ever forget you, Kylie. And I'll see you soon. Aren't we moving in together anyway?"

"Yeah. But I'll never get enough of you. You haven't even left and I'm missing you already."

"We'll never be apart, Kylie."

He took my hand and placed it on his chest, above his heart.

"To me, you're always here. Always."

"I love you, Ryan. Much more than you know." I said, giving him a kiss.

The next day, Ryan and I went back to his place. He left for a while, leaving me alone with Michael.

"I um, need to talk to you, Kylie."

"Sure. What's up?"

"This is going to be really awkward, but I-"

"Go on."

"I- I like you, Kylie."

"I like you too, Michael. You're a great friend."

"No. Not like that, Kylie. I really like you."

Oh no. Ryan wasn't going to like this.

"Michael I-"

"No, I know, Kylie. You have Ryan. You guys are crazy about each other. I'm jealous of what you have together. I don't know if I'll ever find a girl like you."

"You will, Michael. There's someone out there just waiting to find you." I said, hugging him. 

"I just needed to say that before I left. I don't know if I'll ever see you again."

"You can visit me and Ryan in New York."

"You and Ryan? You're moving in together?"

I nodded.

"Oh.. I'm um happy for you guys."

"Thanks." I said.

I could tell by the look of his face that he was lying. But there was nothing I could do. I loved Ryan. More than anything. 

Ryan and Michael were good friends. I had to tell Ryan. Or else he would freak and kill Michael or something. Well I wouldn't see either of them or quite a while after tomorrow. When was I going to see Ryan again? I know he's going to be doing tons of interviews and meetings when he gets back home. Sometimes I wish Ryan wasn't so consumed with what he does. Of course there's pros to him being an olympic swimmer. But people don't realize that there's even more cons too. He's always busy and I know I'll barely get to spend time with him when he's home. 

Later that night, I helped Ryan pack his bags. When we finished, we sat down on his bed in silence.

"I don't want this to end." I said, quietly, breaking the silence.

"It's not going to. Believe me, I'm going to miss you more than you'll miss me."

"I love you." I said, hugging him. 

"I love you, too." he said back, wiping a tear from my eye.

Ryan's POV

The next morning, before I left, I said goodbye to everyone. I said goodbye to Kylie last.

"I don't want you to leave." She said, crying.

"I don't want to leave. But I have to."

"Promise you won't forget about me."

"I'll never forget about you. You're always on my mind."

A few hours later, I sat on the plane, thinking about her. It's just a few weeks. I can go that long without her. Hopefully.

My agent, Erika, came and sat down next to me. 

"We need to talk." She said.

"About what?"

"That Kaylee girl or whatever her name is."

"Kylie? As in, my girlfriend, Kylie?"

"Yeah her or whatever."

God, Erika was so annoying sometimes. 

"Alright well what about her?"

"You need to break up with her, Ryan." She said.