chapter 23

After a fun night (if you know what I mean) with Ryan, I was really looking forward to the weekend.

"So what are our plans for today?" Ryan asked, as we laid in bed, Saturday morning.

"Hmmm let's see... I need to pick up our dry cleaning, and then after, I might have lunch with Sarah. I'm still deciding."

He looked confused, and almost hurt.

"But saturday's are OUR day. We usually do something special together."

"Well if it means that much to you than I'll have lunch with her tomorrow."

"Really?"

"Of course."

Later that day, we had a picnic in Central Park. It was pretty fun actually. After we ate, we laid down on the blanket, looking at the clouds.

"So... next week I have to go to LA.. And I was wondering if you wanted to come with me." He said.

"Hmmm that sounds fun. Would we actually be together or are you just going to be doing interviews and working the entire time?"

"Um probably both. If you want, we can go up to San Francisco for a couple days. It's pretty nice there."

"Yeah I know. I haven't been there since my mom... her family was from there. We went there every summer. It would be nice to see my family again."

"So you'll come with me?"

"Of course."

The week passed and we were in LA.

"You know, I could see myself living here in a few years... I kinda want to move here." Ryan said, as we sat in our hotel room.

"Really?"

"Well, yeah. It's LA, what's not to love?"

"So you're saying that you like LA better than New York?"

"Well, both are pretty cool cities, but New York is always so busy."

"And LA isn't?"

"Not as much."

"Yeah, let's pretend that's true." I said, irritated.

"Did I say something to upset you?" He said.

"You just told me you wanted to move to LA... Do you expect me ot go and follow you there or something? I mean, we just moved to New York, and I kind of want to settle down for a while."

"I meant in a couple years, you know.. if it's alright with you." He sat down next to me.

"I wouldn't do it if you didn't want me to. You know that." He said.

After, we went to dinner. By that time, I was getting irritated, but not by what happened earlier. I rarely talked to him, considering how many girls came up to him, asking for pictures or autographs, completely ignoring me. Was this how it would always be with him? I wondered what things were like when I wasn't around. 

After that, we went back up to our hotel.

"Wanna go get a drink or something?" He asked

"No, I'm good. I have homework to do, anyway."

"Well do you mind if I go?"

"No. You can go."

"Alright."

He got up and grabbed his jacket. He walked to the door, but stopped before he walked out. He turned around to say something, but hesitated, and left.

I sighed to myself. I decided to video chat with Sarah. 

"Hey." I said

"What's wrong?"

"Ryan."

"Why? What'd he do?"

"Nothing, really. It's just that being with him... it's so hard."

"How?"

"It's just overwhelming sometimes. For starters, girls are all over him, like 24/7. Sometimes I'm not sure if I can trust him."

"Well where is he now?"

"He said he went to get a drink. He's probably at a bar or something."

She looked at me, confused.

"So, you're saying that you don't trust him, but you're letting him go out and do whatever he wants?"

"You could put it that way."

"You don't ever get worried that he could be doing things behind your back?"

"I try not to overthink. Anyway, I doubt it. Things are pretty serious between us."

"If you say so. Anyway, I gotta go. Good luck with Ryan. Keep me posted on anything new."

After, I went outside and laid down on a chair. What Sarah said really made me think. Could Ryan be cheating on me? What was so great about me anyway? I'm boring, I'm in college, and there's so many prettier girls than me out there. I just don't understand. Why me? I laid there, thinking.

A while later, I heard Ryan come in. He sat down next to me.

"Hey." I said, quietly.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, stroking my hair.

"Nothing."

"Doesn't look like nothing. Tell me what's wrong, Kylie."

"Everything."

"What do you mean?"

"You have no idea, do you? Being with you is so hard. And sometimes... I.. I don't know if I can do it anymore."

He looked at me, upset and confused.

"But I thought everything was okay. I don't understand."

"I don't expect you to. It's just that I get worried a lot."

"About?"

"That you'll find someone else. That you won't want me anymore. That I'm not good enough for you."

I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

He looked me in the eyes.

"Kylie, there will always be someone prettier, there will always be someone smarter, and there will always be someone that you think is better. But they will never be you. They could never be you, Kylie. No one in this universe could ever replace you. Nobody could ever be more perfect than you."

"You always say that, Ryan. I'm not breaking up with you, but I don't know how things are going to work."

"There's only one way to find out."

"How?"

"Marry me." He said, holding out a ring.

[omg so I'm really running out of ideas, so if you have any, than I'll see if i can add them into the story. soooooo comment below if you've got any. I know this chapter was super short btw so no not hate -__-]