10

When I was seven years old, my parents forced me to donate some of my old toys. As a kid, of course I I threw a tantrum but later complied. A lot of my toys were packed but one particular bunny was so hard for me to let go.

Mr. Lancelot was my favorite cuddle buddy and I brought him everywhere, he's so old and dirty that my mom was delighted to get rid of him. But Mr. Lancelot was my best friend, I told him everything and I trust him with every secret I have, (or what a seven year old me calls a 'secret').

So when my mom packed him in the box I pleaded and begged my mom to let me have Mr. Lancelot, but to no avail.

When I realized that my parents will not change their mind, I have this feeling.

A sinking feeling in my gut, I don't know what to call it, but all I know is it's not a good feeling and I never want to feel it again.

After we saw the sunset, me and Elliot had been walking silently, side by side our arms touching slightly.

My brain is searching for a reason or an excuse about what I felt earlier. It was different, maybe it's because I've been stuck with him all day, and I'm very very exhausted.

And it has been a full day without seeing and flirting with girls. Yeah, maybe that's it.

"You've gone quiet." Elliot finally break the silence.

I cleared my throat and figured out what to say to him. There is no way in hell that I would tell him about the things that I'm thinking about.

"Yeah, I.... 'm just tired." I mumbled.

I rubbed my eyes for a full effect. I can't bear to look at him so I just stare at the rubble of stones beneath me.

He nudged me with his shoulders catching me off guard, almost making me stumble through the dirt.

I finally look at him. "Well, I guess you should rest now. I see that the campers already set their tents."

I looked at him confused. He raised his eyebrows at me and look at the path ahead of us.

I followed his eyes and there they are.

Numerous people are camped out, preparing to rest for the night. At the left side of the clearing I saw my friends, Caleb and Jeff are burning marshmallows in the campfire while Thomas is pacing back and forth, and Corey is on his phone.

The relief overwhelmed me and I can't stop the smile from breaking through my face.

I can see Thomas and Corey's worried faces. I really made them worried, I just hope that they haven't called the police just yet.

"So I guess this is it?" Elliot pulled me from my thoughts.

I looked at him and I can't explain the tightening that I have in my stomach, the same sinking feeling that I had when I gave up Mr. Lancelot.

I shake off that thought and focused on Elliot's fierce blue eyes.

"Uhhh... Yeah, that's my friends right there." I pointed at them and awkwardly step forward.

I turned around and saw that he's not following me.

"Well, aren't you coming with?" I questioned him, tilting my head sideways. He shook his head and offered me a small smile.

"I only hiked to see the sunset, I'd just probably go down to the city."

I nodded my head pathetically.

"Well, could I at least get your fb name? or whatever, you know just to thank you and hang out whenever." I said shuffling my feet. God, this is so awkward, I feel like a girl desperate to get the guy.

"I don't have facebook, or any social media accounts." I looked at him incredulously.

"I'm serious, I told you, we'll never see each other again." My chest tightened when I heard him say that.

This is so weird, why am I so affected with a guy that I just met nearly 7 hours ago?

"So... I guess this is goodbye?" I said looking at his eyes, trying to see any indication that he feels the same way that I do.

"Yeah.. I guess so...." awkward silence engulfed us both. Not quite making any move to leave. Is he feeling what I'm feeling?

That same sinking feeling?

I cleared my throat. Making him looked at me again.

I offered him a smile, and he offered me one back. I took one last breath and turn around from him. Making my way towards my friends.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!" I heard Thomas said, making every people in the camp site look at him.

My face must've look so scared because I heard Jeff laugh loudly.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOUNG MAN?" Corey followed suit, questioning me.

I tried to dodge some slaps that came from Thomas but few were successful. I run towards Caleb.

I sat beside them and grab some marshmallows and ate 5 of them in one bite.

"My phone fell down the mountains, some guy helped me track you guys down. Corey this is the worst idea you've ever had." I said in one breath.

All of them looked at me, Caleb put his head in my shoulders.

I turned around and looked at the place where Elliot once stood, he's not there anymore.

Once again the sinking feeling is present, it's like all around me, surrounding me, engulfing me.

I can't take it.

I stood up suddenly, my friends all looking at me like I'm crazy.

"What... What's wrong?" Thomas asked. I looked at him, taking a gulp of Caleb's water, he objected and tried to take the bottle away.

"I need to confirm something."

I run towards where I came from.

"Hey... Where are you going?" Corey asked.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow, at the clearing down the mountains. Oh... and thanks for this Caleb." I said, holding the water bottle and ran away as fast as I can.

I can hear my friends object and scream for me to come back. I didn't pay them any mind, I focused my eyes forward and towards the guy that save my life, in more ways than one.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Noah's random ig story :