18

The husky voice of the busker in front of us is electrifying. It seeps through my skin, making the hairs in my arms stood straight up. I involuntary shudder, making me aware that me and Elliot is still holding hands. 

We've been watching the man sing 3 songs now, people has come and gone, some placing money into the guitar case carefully, some just watching, and most kept on walking.

Elliot however kept on holding my hand, and I kept holding his. The thumping of my heart almost in time to the beat of the man's guitar.

I shifted my hands slightly, still not sure if i'm actually holding his hand or I just imagined the whole thing. He looked at me for the first time. Curious eyes panning all over my face.

"You okay?" he asked, squeezing my hand a little. I nodded my head, not trusting my voice. 

"Do you want me to let go?" he asked again, blue eyes boring into mine. I shook my head immediately afraid that he would let go. The heat of his hands is comforting.

He nodded then turned his head to the man singing. He adjusted our hands but didn't let it go. I can feel his thumb caressing the back of my hand and a round of butterflies did a somersault inside my stomach. I gulped.

This is not okay. Why am I suddenly feeling this way? Am I bi? UGH.

I was too focused on my inner monologue that I didn't hear what Elliot said. 

"What?" I asked him. He smiled slightly pointing towards the busker.

He is now joined by a group of teenagers dancing to the rhythm. All of them with smiles on their faces, one is even back to back with the busker playing an imaginary guitar. 

"Do you wanna join them?" 

I scrunched my eyebrows at him.

"You mean... dance?" I asked him. 

"Yeah." he nodded pulling me towards the crowd. I shook my head and did everything in my power to pull my hands out of his hold, but to no avail.

Candy, she's sweet like candy in my veins 

Elliot pulled me, we're both standing in the middle of the crowd. More and more people were joining the improv dance session. But I couldn't pay them any mind, because Elliot slowly lets my hand go and his hand drifting ever so slowly towards the small of my back.

Baby, I'm dying for another taste

My hands are limp by my side. I don't know where to put them. I can feel Elliot's hand gripping the fabric of my shirt. His thumb caressing my back. Back and forth.

And every night my mind is running around her, thunders getting louder and louder

He pulled my hands, that's pathetically on my side and placed them in his shoulders. His hand immediately returning to the small of my back. My fingers slightly caressing the back of his neck.

Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle, I can't let you go now that I got you

Our bodies swayed to the beat of the song. I can faintly hear the cheers and laughter around us but they're all just a white noise. My ears is only bathed by the beats of my heart and the inhales and exhales of Elliot's lungs.

And all I need is to be struck by your Electric Love, baby your Electric Love.

All I could focus on is his eyes boring into mine. The intensity is so staggering that I feel like I'm going to melt. He rests his forehead into mine. Our breaths mingling with each other. 

I found myself freaking out. Hours ago I was just hiking with my friends, hours ago I hated this man, hours ago I was so sure that I'm straight. But here I am now, swaying side to side, holding on to a man I've only just met merely hours ago. But I don't mind it. As long as I kept feeling this way. The flutters and the somersaults. 

Baby, you make my heart beat like the rain, surround me hold me deep beneath your waves

I gripped the back of his neck tightly. His eyes shifting from my eyes to my lips. I did the same. Is he going to kiss me? Am I going to kiss him? Do I have the courage to do so? 

But then he slowly closes his eyes and inhaled a deep breath. Then his forehead wasn't on mine anymore. Suddenly it felt that he was miles away from me. Disappointment must've shown in my face because he caressed my back again and gave me a sly smile. I had no choice but to gave one back. 

And every night my mind is running around her, thunders getting louder and louder

His hands left my back and found my hand. He gripped it and slowly walks away from the crowd. I followed him dazedly. I feel like I'm drunk and high at the same time. 

We held hands and walked and then we run and then we walked again. All the way we were laughing and giggling. We both have this ecstatic sensation, it's like a tickle that starts with my belly and growing and spreading all throughout my body. 

Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle, Can't let you go now that I got you

His hand keeping me grounded and sane. Warm hands gripping my own. I looked at him, his eyes shining, his mouth opened into a laugh. Veins in his neck were showing. The mop of curls in his head bobbing to every step that we take, some of it were sticking to his forehead. Sweat glistening his face. 

And the only thing I could think about is how utterly breath-taking Elliot really is.

And all I need is to be struck by your Electric Love, baby your Electric Love.