5

I stood up and dust off the dirt in my clothes. Once again I faced the stranger who saved me. He finished packing his bag and is now standing up and balancing his stuff in his back.

Now that I've calmed down, I could see him clearly now.

He's probably the same height as I am, and he's very tanned, not the kind of tan you get from tanning beds, its the kind of tan you get from staying for so long under the sun. He was wearing jeans and leather jacket for some reason, because nothing fits hiking than an uncomfortable leather jacket.

Then my eyes shifted to the mob of chocolate curls in his head, it looks soft. I wonder what his shampoo was.

I'm still wondering about his shampoo when he suddenly turns around and caught me staring at him. I immediately look away and whistle. Very subtle, Noah!

"Well, I would say it's been a pleasure meeting you but let's not kid ourselves." He said walking closer to me. He held his hand up for me to shake.

"Goodbye." He said still waiting for my hand. I looked at it for a moment, then I looked at him.

"Actually Curly, I think you owe me a favor. I need a phone, so I could tell my friends where I was and shit." I beamed at him and pushed his hands down.

He scowled. I could see that he was contemplating on what to say. He looked me right in the eye, and it's a fucking gorgeous deep blue eyes, like the ocean. I was taken aback.

"I repeat, it's not my fault that you're stupid. And I already saved your life, so you're on your own." He whispered to me not once looking away from my eyes.

When I didn't respond he snickered and turned away from me.

I snapped back and said "I just need to borrow your phone. Dude, c'mon." I said my voice faltering a little. I've never felt sooo.. vulnerable? is that the right word?

He sighed. "I don't have a phone." He said his back still facing me. I could see the muscles on his back tensing.

"Sorry, I can't help you." He started to walk away from me.

I laughed. "Really? Are you serious? That's your excuse?" I said and laughed hysterically.

"You know.. If you didn't want to help me you could've just said so." I said following him.

He sighed then turned around.

"Look, I'm telling the truth okay, and if you're planning to whine all day because you're lost and stupid," I gave him an annoyed expression. He rolled his eyes.

"Then I might as well help you get to the camp site." He sighed, looking like he already regrets what he just said.

I looked at him curiously. "You know where the camp is?" I asked him. Not really believing him, for all that I know this guy is a killer, I mean he certainly have the jacket for it.

"Yeah, I've been here before." He said nonchalantly.

"How do I know I could trust you?" I asked him, taking a small step back. His face looked even more annoyed than before.

"Are you serious? I just literally saved your life." But I didn't move from my position. He rolled his eyes again.

"The answer is you don't, it's your choice whether you want to spend your 24 hours stuck here." He said starting to walk away from me again.

This is bullshit, if we had gone to the stripper club like I suggested, none of this would've happened. Fucking Corey.

I sighed, defeated, "Wait....." I said catching up to him. He didn't seem to mind that I've change my mind, he also didn't seem to enjoy it either.

His face is like a blank canvas. Stripped of all expressions.

I studied his face while walking beside him. His forehead looks like it has a permanent crease in it. His nose is crooked, like someone had punched it before, not surprised there. His lips are... well they're lips, how could I describe it even more?

"What are you looking at?" He said his focus turning to me. There's a glint of amusement on his face.

"Like what you see?" He asked. I was shocked for a second then I recovered.

"Wh-- WHat.. NO!" I stammered looking away. "I was just wondering about the time." I said giving the lamest of all excuse.

He looked at me clearly confused. Then he looks at his watch.

"11:11" He said then look straight to the road again.

"Right, Well thanks Curly!" I patted him on his back. He scowled once more.

"Don't call me that." He muttered quietly and started walking faster.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Noah's random ig: