20

"Don't move."

"What?" I asked, turning my head towards him.

"I said, don't move." he held my head, pinching my cheeks with his hand, making me face the other way. 

I didn't move. I didn't even breathe. 

I could hear a shutter go off, then a flash followed after.

He took a picture. Of me.

A smile creep into my face. I face him fully. 

I had to squint a few times to adjust my eyes into the darkness that surrounds us. 

The only source of light we had is the moon and the light from the post we've passed by ages ago. 

After our little moment inside 'The Bookshop', Elliot acted like it never even happened. He converse with Mr. J with much enthusiasm, both of them sharing inside jokes that I couldn't quite understand. 

I would look at them from time to time, their voices fleeting to where I was standing. Mr. J propped up in his little swivel chair, and on the opposite side of the desk is Elliot, his hands folded on the table. 

When they were done, Elliot called out for my name, 'Noah' he said. 'come here.'

And so I did, I shook hands with Mr. J, all smiles and giggles as he joked around. His tobacco long forgotten in the side. 

Elliot bought The Iliad and The Odyssey. When I said that he didn't have to, he told me that he wanted to buy it for me 'as a gift' he stated. 

I thought he was going to buy the three books that he was clutching with his hands, but he didn't. He left it in Mr. J's desk along with the other old books. 

We walk out of 'The Bookshop', my hand clutching my newly purchased book and his hand clutching his camera. He took a quick photo of the little shop and then he quietly walked off into the night. I followed him. 

Which brings us here, into an abandoned railroad track. 

To be quite honest I don't know why we're here, and why Elliot wanted to go here. But knowing Elliot, he may not also know where we're going, he's just letting his feet drag him wherever. 

And I'm not one to complain, every place we went to so far has been fun.

We were walking inside the railroad track, jumping from rails to rails, our feet tracing each metal. When Elliot suddenly went off the road, into the grassy land. 

I, once again, followed him. 

The grasses at the side of the railroad is tickling my legs, the fabric of my pants not thick enough to protect me. 

Elliot plopped down suddenly, creating a crater of grass within his weight. I looked at him briefly and did the same. 

The first thing I noticed as I lay my head into the dirt is how uncomfortable it is.

The grasses tickling my body, the land not really that soft for me to lay in it and the dirt that I could already feel attaching themselves into my hair. Nevertheless I stayed there with Elliot. 

I looked at him. His eyes shining, stars reflecting in his blue orbs, an aura of contentment can be seen in his face. He looks so peaceful, with one of his hand supporting his head and the other on his stomach.

He looks ethereal. 

"Where are you going?" I asked him, breaking the silence.

He hummed, his head slightly tilting towards me.