14

Riding the impala is exhilarating. I've somehow convinced Elliot to turn off the ac and roll down the windows. 

My left hand constantly moves outside the window imitating a wave like motion. The only music in Elliot's car are AC/DC albums. 

Highway to Hell and You shook Me All Night Long are both on repeat, because that's the only songs that I know from the band.

"The walls starts shaking, the earth was quaking, my mind was aching. We were making it YOU! SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG!" We're both singing at the top of our lungs. 

The car zoomed through the streets, surprisingly there's no traffic on the way to the city. Even though it is still quite early. 

"Hey, what time is it?" I asked Elliot. He glance at his watch briefly. "7 pm" he said, his eyes focused at the road again. I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me. 

"That's probably the reason why I'm fucking starving!" I frowned, rubbing my tummy. Elliot looked at me, shook his head and chuckled. 

"We're just on time then." he stated, stepping on the brake. I gave him a confused look, my forehead creasing but a subtle smile was playing on my lips. He just gave me a soft smile in return and gave a pointed look outside. I followed his eyes. 

Although it was dark out, the blue sky now turned black, the illumination of a diner lit up the whole freaking street. It was so bright and pinkish.

It's a square, one story building with glass walls. A pink LED light that said 'DINER' is hanging at the front of the store. 

"C'mon, you said you're starving." Elliot nudged me on my shoulder, I nodded at him and he nodded back.

He then walk outside of the car. I hesitated going out, as much as I wanted to eat, I haven't got any money.

I didn't really expect to be out in the city, I thought I was just gonna be in the mountains with my idiot friends, so I just brought 2 sneakers bar and hoped for the best. 

Suddenly the passenger door opened. 

"Dude, do you seriously want me to open the door for you?" he asked, holding the car door out for me.

I didn't reply, I just looked at him. How should I tell him that I don't have money, but I'm starving so he better treat me to dinner. 

"Noah, do I need to help you out of the car or-?" Elliot asked again, his thick brown eyebrows scrunched up together. His blue eyes are turning into a purplish orbs because of the glow of the 'Diner' that illuminates the whole street. I rolled my eyes at him. 

I took his hand that he mockingly offered me to help me out of the car. I smiled at him graciously. "Thank you, what a gentleman you are." I stated giving him a toothy grin.

I interlocked our arms together, like you do when you're at prom and your date is your cousin because your parents forced you to go with her. Thanks MOM. 

He snorted and I don't know what's wrong with me but I found that slightly attractive. I might need to see my therapist tomorrow. 

Surprisingly he didn't take his hands off, so we walk to the diner just like that. Our arms interlocked together. 

He opened the door for me, and I gave him a slight bow of the head as a gesture of appreciation. He extended his hand towards the door, as if saying 'ladies first', and I rolled my eyes at him, but walked inside of the diner.

The diner is quite spacious. I love the whole 1950's vibes/aesthetic inside.

Pink lights are hanging in every booth and the couches are also pink. The floors are alternating black and white patterns.

There are only a few people in the diner and so we didn't have a lot of trouble picking a booth.

Elliot pointed at a booth at the far right corner, beside the glass walls overlooking the parking lot. I nodded at him and bee lined my way over there. Elliot is following closely behind.

I plopped my ass onto the couch and Elliot did the same, sitting opposite from me.

"We should order." He mumbled then turn around and raised his hands, trying to catch the attention of one of the waiters. 

I cleared my throat. He immediately turned his head towards me, puts down his hand and raised his eyebrows. I looked down at the table and played with my fingers. 

Okay, I'm just gonna say it. Fuck, pride. I'm so fucking starving I could eat it anyway. 

"Hey Curly, since we're like on a date right now...." I started looking at him shyly, his eyebrows scrunched up even more, almost giving him a uni brow, when I mention the word 'date'. 

"You know because you opened the door for me and shit." I explained quickly. He looks really confused and lost, so I continued. "Why don't you treat me to dinner as well." 

He still looks so confused, but his face is slowly becoming more relaxed. "Why would I do that?" he asked, smirking in the process. 

"Because, as I said we're like in a date, and as a gentleman you should pay for my meal."

My eyes slowly flicker from his eyes to his lips, but I stopped myself before I fully stare at it. That would be embarrassing. 

"And what if I'm not a gentleman." he whispered, his whole body leaning closer to me.

The look in his eyes is so intense, I swear I could just melt. Thank God for the table in between us. I gulped, not really knowing what to say.

"What if I'm the bad guy?" his tone is dangerously close to being seductive, and I suddenly find myself very uncomfortable. I looked everywhere but him. Suddenly the patterned floor is very interesting, huh. 

I heard a chuckle and so I force my eyes to look at him. His eyes are glinting. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Are you done now? Billie Eilish?" I joked, trying to keep the conversation light and to keep my heart from fluttering. 

He stopped laughing and once again gave me a confused look.

 "Bad guy? Billie Eilish?..... No?" I contemplated explaining the joke to him but ultimately decided it wasn't really worth it.

"Nevermind, can we like, order now? I just really need your money to eat. Because I didn't bring any." I said, exhausted with the whole exchange.

He nodded his head, his lips slightly pursed. "So you just agreed to date me for money?" he mockingly raised his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes. 

"Shut up." I mumbled softly, then he laughed his ass off. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Noah's random ig story :