O.W.L Exams and Harry's Vision

Sarafina's POV

Everyone is studying hard as the exams are upon us. When Draco was hardly studying I dragged him to the library to study with me. I don't care who his father knows, he has to study. Any we're finally getting our exam times from Professor McGonagall.

"As you can see" Professor McGonagall tells us as we copied down the dates and times of our exams from the blackboard. "Your OWLs are spread over two successive weeks. You will sit the theory papers in the mornings and the practice in the afternoons. Your practical Astronomy examination will, of course, take place at night" she explains.

"Now, I must warn you that the most stringent anti-cheating charms have been applied to your examination papers. Auto-Answer Quills are banned from the examination hall, as are Remembralls, Detachable Cribbing Cuffs and Self-Correcting Ink. Every year, I am afraid to say, seems to harbor at least one student who thinks that he or she can get around the Wizarding Examinations Authority's rules. I can only hope that it is nobody in Gryffindor. Our new Headmistress has asked the Heads of House to tell their students that cheating will be punished most severely because. Of course, your examination results will reflect upon the Headmistress's new regime at the school" McGonagall explains sighing at the end. "However, that is no reason not to do your very best. You have your own futures to think about" she adds.

"Excuse me Professor, when will we get our results?" Hermione asks her.

"An owl will be sent to you some time in July" McGonagall replies. Our first exam was charms theory. Draco and I are quizzing each other in the astronomy tower. We even practiced a few charms to be ready for the practical part of the exam. After dinner I went to bed early so that I'd be well rested unlike some people who were still revising. Don't they know there's such a thing as over studying?

(Next morning)

The four house tables had been removed and replaced instead with many tables for one, all facing the staff-table end of the Hall where Professor McGonagall stood facing them. When we were all seated and quiet, she said. "You may begin" and turned over an enormous hour-glass on the desk beside her. On which there were also spare quills, ink bottles and rolls of parchment.

I'm sitting across from Hermione as I started to do my exam blocking everything else out only focusing on answering the questions. The first question asked for the incantation and wrist movement to make objects fly. I smile slightly at the memory when we all were allowed to try the spell for the first time. Seamus' feather erupting into flames while Hermione corrected Ron's incantation. After two hours we were allowed to leave and I block Hermione out as she talked about the questions.

After lunch we wait again in the entrance hall to be called in for our practical charms exam. Ron and I were apart of the last four to be examined. Zabini from Slytherin and Lisa Turpin from Ravenclaw were the other two. I meet Professor Tofty who'd be testing me. "I've heard a lot about you Miss Weasley" he says smiling.

"All good things I hope" I say smiling.

"Yes all good" he assures me. He had me make an egg cup do cart wheels. Then he had be do the levitation and colour change charms. The next day we had transfiguration and then on Wednesday we had herebology. It's now Thursday and I have Professor Tofty again. "You know I heard from Mr Potter you can do the patronus charm. For bonus marks?" he asks.

I smile happily and think of a recent date with Draco. "Expecto Patronum" I say softly waving my wand. My mountain lion comes out and runs around the room before stopping beside me. I smile at it fondly as it disappears.

"Astounding Miss Weasley, you may go" he tells me smiling.

"Thank you professor" I say bowing my head before leaving the hall. On Friday I had ancient runes with Hermione. While the boys and Draco had the day off. I told Draco to make sure he studied leaving Zabini to make sure he did. I also told Lee to put another niffler in Umbridge's office.

On Saturday Draco and I took the day off of studying together. Relaxing by the lake and we even went for a swim. Before falling asleep under a tree. But on Sunday I had us go back to studying. Zabini joined us as we studied for Potions. Neville and Harry both seemed a lot calmer making better potions with Snape not there. There are now only four exams left and Hermione is freaking out about Arithmancy.

So I avoided her not wanting to become stressed. Well more stressed then I am already. I still haven't decided if I'm going to quit quidditch next year. I've told Draco and he said I should follow my heart. And not care about what others will think. But I've decided to push it from my mind until after the exams.

On Tuesday we had care of magical creatures, Wednesday Hermione and I had Arithmancy. As well as Astronomy with the other fifth years. That night at eleven we had the practical Astronomy exam. Where we had to fill in a blank star chart and I remember star gazing with Draco the other night as I do my sheet. When there was a half an hour left something caught my attention.

I saw a group of people heading for Hagrid's hut. Harry seemed to notice this as well. Soon others were also stealing glances at Hagrid's hut. "Try and concentrate, now, boys and girls" Professor Tofty tells us softly. Most of us go back to filling in our charts and I was label the last constellation. "Ahem twenty minutes to go" he announces.

I finish as there was a loud bang from the grounds below. I look down with the others to see Hagrid's door had burst open and by the light flooding out of the cabin they saw him quite clearly. A massive figure roaring and brandishing his fists, surrounded by six people. All of whom, judging by the tiny threads of red light they were casting in his direction, seemed to be attempting to Stun him.

"No" Hermione and I shout in horror.

"My dears! This is an examination!" Professor Tofty exclaims. But no one is paying him any attention. We watch Fang get stunned before McGonagall appears to help Hagrid who is still fighting. Professor McGonagall is stunned by four stunners at once to the chest. "Galloping gargoyles! Not so much as a warning! Outrageous behaviour!" he shouts as I run from the room.

I ran to the hospital wing. "Madame Pomfrey, come quick!" I shout. "Professor McGonagall has been hit by four stunners" I state. She immediately grabs her wand and I lead her outside. Where I help her get Professor McGonagall to the hospital wing.

"Get the foil blanket" she tells me and I do so. Placing it over McGonagall. "Do you know where she was hit Miss Weasley?" she asks me.

"The chest" I say sniffling. She sent me away and got started on healing McGonagall. On the way to Gryffindor Tower I saw Professor Tofty. "I'm sorry for running from the exam, I just wanted my head of house to get a healer straight away. So I went and got Madame Pomfrey who is treating her now" I tell him.

"Of course, besides you filled in your chart completely" he tells me. I then went to bed. It's time for the History of magic exam. We enter the great hall at two o'clock and take our assigned seats. We're given two hours like our other theory exams. I was half way through my exam when Harry yelled in agony and I turn to see him fall to the ground. Professor Tofty grabs him and goes to take him to the hospital wing. I went back to doing my exam.

A/N

Picture above of the Astronomy Tower at night and gif on the external link of the Charm's exam.