BLACK SILK: Part 32

I wriggled in my seat and played with the satin of my dress. Christian couldn't have been vaguer. He revelled in mystery and enjoyed my ignorance. At times I almost believed to enjoy it myself, and other times I thought it to be dangerous. Mystery coming from such an intense person might scare some people; it made my blood boil with curiosity. But you know what they say about curiosity, right?

"What's the proposition?" I asked.

"Simply put: for you to spend time with me."

I half-smiled as if I caught him trying to pull a fast one. "That sounds no different from the dom\sub contract you've been wanting me in on since the beginning."

"But it is different."

"How so?"

"Well, firstly, for this one you can opt out at any time."

"You know it's a bitch cancelling a contract, right?" I lifted a brow.

Christian chuckled. "Not mine. If you say no, then it's a no."

I lifted my head in consideration. "Go on."

He took a deep breath. Not nervously, but rather to gather his thoughts to flow easily. "I want you to come with me somewhere."

"Where?"

"Well, that's the thing. You won't know where."

"What?"

"Everything can be in your control, except the destination."

"So, what if you take me to the depths of hell."

He chuckled deeply, devilishly. "Don't worry Persephone, I'm no Hades."

I smiled, impressed he knew Greek mythology. I mean, who am I kidding? It's Christian-fucking-Grey.

"Will you accept?" he finally asked.

I tilted my head and thought for a moment. Imagining being whisked away to an exotic location, where the warm breeze hits the surface of my skin like a wave of adagio kisses. Crushing imprints of my bare feet into the white sand of a desolate beach. The water blue and crystal clear, and cool amongst the heat for which I can steadily tan under. Where I can sip fruity cocktails under a coconut tree and watch water drip from Christian's rippling abs as he ascends from the water like a Calvin Klein parfum commercial.

Perhaps it won't be some place warm. It'll be in the snowy mountains in a seven-star tavern. With a fireplace and a view of the mountains dressed in white, as if we were above the clouds looking down at the world. As we cradled against each other under a soft blanket, listening to the humdrum of the icy wind singing along Billie Holiday. Hot cocoa in one hand, marshmallows floating above the frothy surface; the other hand underneath my underwear.

"Will I be safe with you?" I asked.

He blinked, not expecting my question. "Of course."

It'll be a good deal: lose a job, fly first class to some random location.

"I mean, what else have I got to do, right?"

"I want more than that. I want you to want to come," he said sincerely.

I nodded, in all seriousness, sprinkled with a touch of fluttering excitement. "I want to come."

My heart throbbed. Butterflies swarmed my belly and lit it aflame. Suddenly, I felt like I was floating.