BLACK SILK: Part 11

***We hit 60K views and 500 votes!! Thanks everyone! I wonder if we can do one better but I'll save that for later ;) Quick question: does everyone like this told in the second person or better in first? Did you want me to switch for one post and see what it's like? It doesn't mind me much I'm just more use to the first because all my blogs are in first lol just a tiny adjustment, no biggie. But I wondered if this would be better in first or second and I need opinions! Let me know! Hope you enjoy this chapter; and just in case I don't upload before then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Soul xo***

"You know, when I imagined us going on a date, I didn't think we'd need a chaperone let alone two," Donovan said.

You shrug but the dead of night makes it hard to tell. "It's just a fun little outing more than a date."

Donovan slides a hand around your waist and pulls you into him. The both of you are walking side by side to Christian's restaurant, and your gloved hands remain in your pockets, unwavering against a reciprocation. "So then there'll be other times," he says optimistically. You chuckle off the question awkwardly. He drops his hand. "I mean, that's if Christian hasn't already stolen you."

You look up in surprise. "'Stolen me'? That's a bit harsh."

"Well we all know he can take that kind of shit."

"Wow."

"What?" he dips his hands back into his pockets.

"Nothing," you shake your head, "it's just the first time I've ever heard you swear, I think."

He rolls his eyes. You grow uncomfortable by the reaction. "Yeah, well, maybe I'm not who you think I am."

You laugh. "Donovan..."

You're about to turn into the restaurant when a tight grip on your arm swings you back. Donovan's gaze forces a burrow deep into yours. "What if I was as rough as him? Would you like me then? Would you pay attention to me then?"

"Argh, Donovan, you're hurting my arm," you hiss, clawing at his fingers, now turned solid and unyielding at your arm.

"What? I thought you like that kind of thing..."

"Donovan—"

"Hello, kids," a voice behind Donovan catches you. Donovan let's his grip on you go, you sigh in relief as the blood rushes back to your skin.

"Christian," you breathe, hoping it didn't come out too obvious that you're grateful to see him. You don't want to alarm him but at the same time you never needed someone by your side more than in this moment.

A woman is by his side. Interlocking her arm through his. Her dark brown highlighted hair struck down in a wavy ponytail. Her blue eyes alluring. Her lips red. Her dress was as formal as Christian's Valentino. Hers a Givenchy ombre dark red; low-cut V-neck; backless. It was the type of dress you'd see on a celebrity for a red carpet. She was perfect.

"This is..." Christian points to the woman.

"Kelly," she finishes without flinching at the absence of her name from his lips. You'd be flipping your shit if your date forgot your name.

"Shall we go in?" Christian asks. "Or would you all like to freeze to death outside?"

Donovan forces a humourless smile. "Funny."

"Okay, let's go in," you agree. You're the first one in. Coat check takes everyone's garment and the hostess greets Christian only.

"Your table is right this way," she says.