Game Night

"Aw, yeah. Game night." Race quietly sang to himself as he pulled on his jeans. "Gonna win every game. Aw, yeah. Game night. Gonna crush Spot at Uno." 

"Racer!" Albert yelled from downstairs. "Hurry up!" 

"Beauty takes time, Albert!" Race yelled back, pulling on his sweatshirt. 

"How would you know?" Albert yelled back. Race rolled his eyes and put on his socks and sneakers before bouncing downstairs. "You ready?" Albert asked. 

"Yeah," Race nodded. 

"Good. Spot's been texting me for twenty minutes. He's already there. And they can't start until we get there because it's your night to pick games." Albert informed. 

"Well, then, guess we better get movin'." Race grabbed his coat and made his way towards Albert's car. "How'd you convince your parents to buy Old Susan here anyways?" He asked, slapping the side of the car. 

"First of all, don't call my car 'Old Susan'. Second, I bought it. I've been savin' for it since I was twelve." Albert said. 

"Yeah, yeah I know that." Race nodded. "Just can't believe they'd trust you not to crash it." 

"Shut up and get in the car." Albert climbed in, followed by Race. After five minutes of Race singing at the top of his lungs followed by ten minutes of Albert joining him, the two were at Medda's theater. 

"The party has arrived!" Race yelled as he walked into the house. 

"Finally!" Romeo complained. "We've been waiting for hours!"

"Well then. Guess we should start the first game." Race grinned, sitting down. 

"No Monopoly." Davey reminded from his seat next to Jack. "Remember what happened last time." 

"Okay, time for my second choice." Race moved on. 

"No Uno either." Jack added. 

"Jeez, mom and dad, you have a lot of rules." Race mumbled. "How about Twister?"

"Twister sounds good." Specs nodded. 

"I got it." Elmer stood up, going over to where they had a pile of games. 

"Where were you?" Spot whispered in Race's ear, taking his hand. 

"My fault." He confessed. "I wasn't ready to go." 

"I missed you." Spot kissed his cheek. "I haven't seen you in two weeks." 

"I missed you too," Race smiled. "I've just been busy." 

"I know. We both have." Spot nodded, keeping an arm around Race. The tall Italian nuzzled into Spot's shoulder. "Do you wanna come back to Brooklyn with me tonight?" 

"I'd love to." Race nodded. "I'll let my grandparents know." 

"Hey! Love birds! Come join us!" Romeo yelled. The boys had all set up the Twister mat, and Specs had agreed to spin. "We're doing it tournament style. Elmer and I are up first." Race and Spot sat on the sidelines as they watched the other pairs go. "Alright." Romeo stretched, getting ready to go. "Let's do this thing." He cracked his neck. 

"Romeo, it's just Twister." Elmer reminded.

"But I wanna win." Romeo challenged. 

"Right foot, blue." Specs called out, interrupting the conversation. The boys followed the order, and Romeo immediately fell down. 

"Dang it!" Romeo yelled, getting off the ground and brushing himself off. 

"Good job." Elmer smiled, sticking out his hand for a handshake.