Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Ehma

Ehma stared at the ink spreading in delicate lines around her index finger as the light faded. She gasped as she looked up into the hazel eyes of the man standing in the hallway. His gaze pierced her, and she lost her train of thought.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" She's either crazy or drunk.

The inconsiderate thought forced its way into her mind and echoed back and forth inside of her skull. The emotion behind it was barely strong enough to carry, but she heard it loud and clear, nonetheless.

"Asshole," she said, barely realizing the words were her own. The thoughts whispering in her mind made her feel woozy, but she managed to catch a handful of his polo shirt as he attempted to skirt around her. "You... you can see me?"

"Um, yeah?" Did this bitch just call me an asshole? "Are you sure you're okay?"

His aura sizzled with irritation, but she found it hard to care. She was mentally preparing to unload her fury on his existence when his fingertips grazed the back of her hand. Empathy was her gift and curse. Right now, though, the latter overrode her composure. At least until she saw her own reflection glaring back at her in a sea of hazel.

"I'm fine... I just... I'm a little lightheaded," she said as she spotted Aria walking out of the pool area. When their eyes locked, the succubus held up a finger to her impish smile and then disappeared up the stairwell. "There was... this butterfly and then this light and..."

"Would you like me to walk you back to your room?" This chick is definitely crazy.

"NO... um, coffee maybe?"

"There should be some fresh coffee in the lobby."

Her heart pounded in her chest as a gentle hand grasped her arm, his other on the middle of her back. She felt guilty for shutting down his attempt to guide her, but truthfully, he looked just as bad as she felt.

"I can walk on my own, thanks. Just make sure I don't fall."

She was glad the next string of thoughts was her own and not his. She couldn't figure out what was going on or why Aria had seemed so mischievous. One thing was for sure, though. She was tired of him trying to eye-fuck her when he thought she wasn't looking.

Honestly, though, she should have been the one helping him. He looked like crap. Like someone had sucked part of his soul away. Ehma cast a suspicious glance over her shoulder, but the succubus was long gone.

God damn, girl.

He was staring at her ass again but pretended to be looking at the carpet when Ehma's attention shifted back to the lobby ahead of them. She had to roll her eyes at the absurdity. She had only had a corporeal form for less than five minutes and was already getting sexually harassed. "Do you know how you got here?"

"Well, yeah. I drove today."

He hasn't realized yet? Humans from her dimension were on par as far as intelligence went, but maybe the humans from his where and when were lacking. Or maybe being with Aria had lowered his IQ.

Ehma felt flustered at the thought. Everything about this seemed like a set-up. It was supposed to be Aria who dealt with the new recruits. Maybe everyone had just gotten tired of her attempts at self-exorcism. Still, why did she have to be the one to deal with this pervert?

The cool satin grazing her thighs stole her attention. Swaying with each tentative step, her favorite Jonquil satin nightgown appeared to be in pristine condition. So, she looked like she had before she died? Was she even wearing panties? She couldn't remember.