49. In Time

The sun shone directly into the window and onto Edwins bare, pale legs as he slowly rolled over to his side and gave the clock next to him a small glare.
"Mgh, god." He mumbled quietly, regretting the amount of alcohol he consumed the night before. He didn't have much time to contemplate his regrets, however, as he noticed the clock read 07:30. His alarm didn't set off in time. Edwin's body jolted up from the bed. "Shit!" He quickly got up onto his feet and ran across his room, half naked. He searched for his pants only to remember he threw them into the washing machine last night. The same went for his graduation outfit. He was quiet for a long moment, then walked into the closet and pulled out a light pink, flower patterned shirt Fei had bought him years prior. Edwin swiftly put it on, grabbing his phone and hurrying out through the door and across the big hallway.

Making his way down the stair in such great speed that Edwin's long blond hair barely even touched his shoulders as he went, he only halted when he had to turn. Edwin easily navigated his way through the labyrinth-like corridors and swung the door to the washing room open. A few slaves standing inside folding laundry froze in their actions. On reflex they all turned to face the door at the same time and bowed their heads to the Dongcock son. Edwin didn't even bother to look at them. His eyes were busy scanning the clothes, and locked on the pair of pants and shirt that someone was understandingly holding out towards him. Edwin snatched them up, then finally allowed himself to catch his breath. He ganced at the digital clock on the washing rooms wall; 07;02. A puzzled expression crept onto his face. Then, he remembered. He hadn't changed the batteries in his bedside table clock since two days ago. He suddenly felt a wave of embarrassment wash over him.
"Fuck." Edwin breathed out. He slipped into his newly washed pants, hung the shirt lazily over his shoulder. With much calmer steps he made his way to the kitchen, checking his phone while his legs took long steps. The group of slaves murmured nervously behind him, but he didn't listen to whatever they had to say to each other.

"Well someone sure got a lot of energy, for having such a hangover." Feng commented with a small smirk over his lips. The big man sipped his cup of coffee, really having enjoyed the sight of Edwin running around the house in a panic. "Are you excited?" He asked. "I made pancakes for you, they're on the counter. Or well, I had them made. Maybe not as good as the ones mom made but hopefully they'll be alright anyways."
"Huh?" Edwin asked. He walked straight into the wall in front of him and fell down onto his butt. "Ow!" He yelled, dropping his phone and hearing Feng chuckle behind him. A small blush crept onto Edwin's face, and he stood up as hastily as he could. "You... Didn't see that..." Edwin wiped some imaginary dust off his knees. In truth, the floors were so clan one could use them as mirror replacements. Edwin walked into the kitchen, sat down in one of the chairs by the table, and rubbed his head. Then he remembered the pancakes were on the counter. Edwin groaned annoyingly. He slowly laid his head down onto the table.

"Ugh, it's too bright outside. It's so loud my eyes can't handle it." Edwin whined and groaned against the wood of the table below him. A shiver ran up his spine and he slowly forced his body to sit up straight. "I don't- I don't know if I'm excited, I'll probably mess something up on stage when the time actually comes. Is, uh, where's Mei?" Edwin's voice softened up. Feng held out a painkiller, already prepared. Edwin grabbed it and quickly swallowed it down.
"Meihui isn't going to come, if that's what you're wondering. You'll be fine without him, and you'll do fine on that stage." Feng tried to reassure his brother, then a small, evil smile grew onto his face. "It would be more fun if you walked up to the wrong name calling instead." He chuckled a bit.
"Oh shut up now I'm going to do that only because you said it and then I'll have to retake another year!" Edwin whined out, but he had a faint smile over his face. The older brother only waved a hand at him.
"Have you heard anything from Ethan? Did he join you yesterday?" Feng tried to get Edwin's mind distracted from all the concerns. He went to fetch the plate of pancakes, a glass of champagne and some jam. He served the breakfast up in front of Edwin.