10. Jewellery

Ai gradually opened her eyes and already gave up trying to fall back asleep again when she experienced the unbearable heat the thick blanket was keeping her stuck in. She tried pushing it off, but soon realized it had been tightly wrapped around her small body. She couldn't help but to smile knowingly a bit to herself of the comforting thought of her friends tucking her into bed after she fell asleep last night. She slid her hands out of the blanket to untangle herself, but she stopped struggling after only a few seconds. She had detected Datui's body beside her, seemingly still asleep. She stared longingly at him, then turned around to look down at the floor below her, spotting Ethan laying sound asleep as well. He laid on his stomach, hugging his pillow tightly with his head tilted to the side. She adored his face, still heavily painted with smudged out unique makeup from the memorable night before, when she suddenly realized how familiar he looked. She leaned a bit over the edge of the bed and moved closer to his face.
"Diamond?" She whispered. She hoped she hadn't woken Datui up, knowing he was a rather light sleeper at times. Her hopes got crushed as she felt him roll closer behind her and plunge her down from the bed. She dropped right onto Ethans back with a small groan.

Ethan quickly jolted awake and sat up in a panic, pushing Ai off him in the process and she accepted her chance to roll under the bed, hiding in embarrassment.
"DATUI?!" Ethan yelled out in a hoarse, very annoyed voice, giving Datui a harsh glare before he let himself down onto his back with a heavy sigh.
"Not me." Datui chuckled from the bed, clearly fully awake. He carefully sat up on top of the bed and leaned over the edge, peeking under.
"Good morning, Love!" He burst out loudly, causing Ai to scream in fright from under the bed, her loud voice piercing through the room, causing Ethan to cover his ears and squint.
"Datui what the actual hell?!" Ethan yelled again but got cut off as Datui's tall body landed on top of him. "God just let me sleep!" Ethan half demanded, half begged and Datui rolled off Ethan and onto the mattress instead. He rolled onto his stomach, pushed his torso up and leaned against his elbows. Datui stared at Ethan, who laid beside him, and he gave Ethan's ass a few comforting pats. Ethan let out an irritated groan in response.

"Sooo..." Datui spoke in his annoying voice. "Who the hell is Die in mud?"
The entire room fell silent for a few seconds. Ultimately, Ethan was the one to break it off.
"Nobody, probably." He mumbled, relaxing back down onto his pillow. He felt his heart rate go up for a second, wondering where Ai even had heard of that name, but calmed himself down again as he hoped he could simply deny it.
"Probably?" Datui repeated in a sarcastic tone. "The hell do you mean, probably?"
"Well I don't know, do you?" Ethan kept mumbling, sounding a bit irritated. He turned to face the two younger ones beside him. He kept his head against his pillow to be able to see through the space between the mattress and Datui's torso. He squinted at Ai, who was still laying silent underneath the bed. "What are you doing down there?"
"He pushed me" Ai spoke in a deep voice. She furrowed her brows and kicked Datui's bony ass in anger.
"Oh- Ouch..." Datui mumbled in a silky, feminine voice before sitting up. He reached underneath the bed and grabbed onto Ai's legs, hauling her out from her hiding spot. "Here comes the ghoulish butt monster." He growled.

In panic Ai extended her arms out, trying to discover something to grab onto. Anything to help her get away from the horror in front of her would suffice. Her fingers brushed against the black lace bralette on the floor and she hastily flung it onto Datui's face.
"Begone!" She hissed in broken English and started kicking her legs around, but Datui's grip only got firmer and he took a sharp breath as the bralette fell onto the floor below, a useless weapon. Ethan observed the two of them for a few seconds, then he came to a realization. With Ai and Datui busy fighting each other, the bed was free. Sneakily, he crawled up on top of it and cuddled himself into the warm pile of blankets on top.
"God, how did I get into this mess?" He complained in an annoyed tone, but the smile on his lips conveyed a different emotion. It had undoubtedly been a while ago since he had gotten to enjoy such silly little things.

"Well it all started when you walked behind the school building during a lunch break quite a while ago-" Datui began, nonchalantly, then leaned down to attack Ai with tickles which forced a scream out of her. Ethan merely set a hand over his face.
"Why do I have to be the one always surrounded by druggies that never let me sleep every single damn time. Just let me rest for once, please, guys please." He begged, rather unsuccessfully. Datui sighed with a small, satisfied laugh and dropped Ai legs. He rolled onto the mattress that Ethan had previously been sleeping on and picked up Ethans pillow, flinging it up at the bed for him. Ethan gladly accepted the pillow and tucked it under his head as Ai got up from the floor. She looked at the scene in front of her, smiling a bit. The two boys looked rather cute laying next to each other, she already knew this was a memory that she'd treasure in the future. She walked around to the other side of the bed, crawling on top of it and laying down next to Ethan. She placed her small hand onto his back and caressed it softly.

"Ah... What's a druggie, Ethan?" Ai asked in her soothing voice. She started to slowly spread her fingers through Ethan's chestnut hair, and Ethan turned to look at her with a face of confusion. He spent a second trying to figure out if she was joking or not, then wrapped his arms tiredly around her small body. He brought her in for a hug.
"Oh gosh, Datui you didn't tell me she's just a teeny-weeny baby." Ethan mumbled and Datui scoffed from the floor.
"Believe me that one is not a baby." He answered positively, but Ethan had already made up his mind. Mentally, he diagnosed Ai with being a baby.
"But what is it, Ethan?" Ai reminded them of her question and Ethan just sighed.
"Mh, it's just a bad person." Ethan answered in a mumble. "You're too precious to even think of that, don't worry about it." He added, squeezing her lightly between his arms. Ai smiled a bit to herself and felt a small blush appear on her face as she closed her eyes and wrapped her small arms and legs around Ethan.
"Alright then." She said, not wanting to argue about it. She could hear Datui sighing annoyingly from the other side of the room,. When she closed her eyes she could practically see the disgusted expression his face was most likely making right now.

"I'm hungry." Datui disturbed their moment. "Let's get some breakfast."
"Daaamn, you suck." Ethan sighed. "Why must you always be so annoying?"
Ai didn't answer, instead, she squirmed her way out of Ethan's arms. She rolled over him, to the other side of the bed and kept on rolling down onto the mattress below with a muffled thud. There she stopped, looking up at Datui with a smile.
"Jealous?"
"I am not jealous!" Datui defended himself. "I am simply starving! There is a considerable difference." He tried to force himself to believe his words, but a sting shivered up his body at the sight of the two of the cuddling up.
"Well, alright, then I can go and make us all some breakfast?" Ai suggested, as she quickly got up onto her feet and looked around the untidy room. "Next I suppose we should start cleaning up a bit. My parents are going to execute me if they find the place like this. Fortunately for us they'll be gone until later tonight."
"Eating first." Datui said quickly, causing Ai to giggle a bit but she didn't have time to respond before he continued, answering himself. "Okay cool, you make food. I need to go fix myself anyways, I look dreadful."

Datui shifted a brief glance through Ai's big body mirror. He grabbed onto Jia's makeup bag that had been left on Ai's desk, peeking down at it for only a second. He walked out of the overheated room and descending down the stairs. Ai listened to Datui's footsteps echoing through the house for a few seconds, before she slipped on a pair of fuzzy socks and walked out of the bedroom. Closing the door softly behind her, she left Ethan alone to wake up at his own pace.

--------------------------------------------------------

If you liked this chapter, please leave a vote. Any engagement is greatly appreciated. Our stories are also always welcoming, encouraging feedback and your thoughts on improvements or things you liked extra much :) 

The characters relationships to each other has shifted a lot within a very short span of time. How do you think they'll grow?