Chapter 5

Dexter sharply inhaled when he heard the gun shot rang out. He snapped his head to the cage and saw Nine standing on all four legs. The hairs on her back were up, ears lay flat against her head and she barred her teeth – letting out a low snarl.

He eyes widened when he realized that she had been shot. Blood gushed out of Nine’s left shoulder where the silver planted itself. She showed no physical signs of being in pain as her body began to heal but he knew that the bullet was irritating her, almost like an itch she couldn’t scratch. He was thankful that Victor made her more tolerant of silver or else she would be lying dead on the floor.

Dexter quickly moved to block the man who held the gun. He stood in front of her cage with his arms spread wide apart. There was no way could he take on any of the men here, but he hoped they would listen to him instead.

“Move mutt.” Tom grunted and moved his hand to get a better aim on the beast.

“N-No!” Dexter shouted and moved so the gun was pointing at him instead, Nine growled at him but he ignored her. “Ple-please l-l-listen to – to me! I-I-” he stuttered badly, only when he was really nervous or anxious did his stutter become hard to understand or say.

Tom looked to his Alpha. Jack nodded his head in response whilst Mason just stood back with his fists clenched. He glared venomously at the older Alpha but made no move to step in. 

Dexter was abruptly grabbed and shoved roughly out of the way by Tom.

Nine’s eyes burned with pure rage when she watched her friend fall to the floor.

The cat-like eyes narrowed into thin black slits and fogged up in a dark, blood red hue – barely hanging on was the white. Her fur bristled making her appear larger. Her muscled bunched tensely forcing the shackles to crack under pressure. Jagged, white teeth elongated and protruded out the mouth as she snarled.     

A deep rumble echoed from her chest making the men in the room freeze at the sound.

Tension build up in the room, almost suffocating the men. Their eyes never leaving the predator chained up by the wall but what happened next, was too quick for them to see.

In a blink of an eye, Nine lunged forward pulling at the chains. The force snapped the links from the wall, leaving behind deep holes and large chunks of cement on the end of the chains.  

In a second she was in front of them, her jaws opened wide and clamped down on the thick bars of the cage – easily severing it into two. Through the gap, she pushed her head forward. Her strength bent the bars outward until her head was sticking out the cage.  

Everyone except Dexter, quickly stumbled back to the furthest wall in fear and surprise.

Nine snapped and snarled viciously at the man who dared to push her friend. Tom huddled to the wall, trembling in terror as sweat poured down his neck and face. He made sure not to look at it in the eye, or else he was guaranteed a dead man.

Alpha Jack watched the beast cautiously. Never had he witnessed a Werewolf with such power and ferocity to snap pure silver like it was nothing. No wonder this thing was considered a beast.

It was purely built for the kill.

Jack clenched his fist and held in a growl.

But how could this one Rogue, a she-wolf no less, make his wolf submit?!

Mason observed the beast in craze interest. This she-wolf was making the great Alpha Jack cower? He grinned wickedly.

If he could take her and make her his, then he would be able to control her. Imagine the damage she could do to a pack? With her by his side, Mason could rule all the packs. Then they will see who the real pup is.