Chapter 28

In Nine days Victor will attack...

NINE.

Tiyan returned into the surveillance room. Slade chose to be alone, which was for the best. Tiyan hated to force someone to do the unthinkable.

But Slade was their only hope.

After hearing that the Lycan only submitted to him, he knew that Slade had the power to take the Lycan down. They would already have problems with Victor's modified Rogues. Especially since they were much harder to take on than a normal Rogue. Additionally they had no clue as to how many he made.

They were outnumbered and overpowered.

A Lycan could destroy their very existence. And under Victor's control – Tiyan shook his head. Ridding of that horrid thought.

The peace they have fought for would be gone. Both between human and Werewolves.

It was not a risk he was going to take.

Tiyan hardened his heart.

In order to protect his family and every Werewolf in existence.

Slade was going to have to kill his mate.    

EIGHT.

Since the message, everyone had been on edge and anxious about what is to come. They wasted no time in preparing strategies, recruiting warriors from other packs and training them on how to counter the new breed of Rogues.

The tension was intimidating. Many made sure their families were far from the fight. The goodbyes were the hardest. One that Paul, Ryan and Nolan new all too well. There were many tears and promises to stay alive. Tori and Lillian held on to their mates as long as possible until it was time for them to leave with the other families.

But there was one person who did not get the chance to say goodbye.

Slade was locked away in his room. Lillian tried to at least give her son a hug, but he wouldn't open the door. The tears pained Paul, but he convinced his mate that he would be okay. There was a lot of pressure on him and seeing his crying mother would only cause more stress.

So with a heavy heart, a mother left without saying goodbye to her only son.

SEVEN.

Raising his fist and hesitating for a second, Ryan plucked up the courage and knocked against the hard wood.

"Slade?" He questioned. Lowering his hand, Ryan leaned his ear against the door, hoping to hear even a whisper or breathe of someone living inside. But there was nothing but eerie silence.

If it wasn't for his scent, then Ryan would have thought Slade ran away.

Sighing, he pulled back and stared at the door in sorrow.

They haven't heard from their Alpha ever since he had a talk with Tiyan. Whatever he said clearly sent Slade into lock down. He did not answer to anyone. Did not eat. Did not leave his room.

Just – gave up.

It was a scary thought. Everyone was relying on him. His pack looked to him for guidance. The others believed he was their way of defeating whatever Victor had in store for them.

But here he is, locked away. No one dared to force him out and just left him. But even then it was worrisome.

"Slade, I-" Ryan could not speak. His hands turned into fists. He didn't know how to comfort his friend. But what could he possibly do?